OME 1.5" lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddyrat

Reaction score
I just finished installing an Old Man Emu 1.5 inch lift. I already had put 1.25" Spydertrax wheel spacers on it. The lift went on pretty good with no problems. I got the 926 medium springs on the front. My first impression of the ride is great although I have only driven it a few miles. I plan to get new tires some time but the stockers will have to do until my checkbook cools off.

You must be registered for see images attach

:party36:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
looks good
got more than 1.5 advertised inches though didn't ya!
Did you get it aligned yet? If not that will help a lot as well in driveability

Last edited:

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just do a clevis lift in the front and she will sit perfectly level

daddyrat

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the compliments. I plan to get an alignment this week and I agree that it looks more than 1.5". I wonder if it will settle some. The front OME shock bottom is flush with the bottom of the clevis clamp. Can I lift the shock further into clamp?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the compliments. I plan to get an alignment this week and I agree that it looks more than 1.5". I wonder if it will settle some. The front OME shock bottom is flush with the bottom of the clevis clamp. Can I lift the shock further into clamp?

You sure can, get 6 - 2 inch conduit nuts ( 3 per side) and you can use them to gauge the same amount on both sides. Its a clevis lift will give you double the amount of the thickness of the conduit nuts.
The alignment is needed since you are now a ways out of alignment with the lifting

daddyrat

Reaction score
You sure can, get 6 - 2 inch conduit nuts ( 3 per side) and you can use them to gauge the same amount on both sides. Its a clevis lift will give you double the amount of the thickness of the conduit nuts.
The alignment is needed since you are now a ways out of alignment with the lifting

Hey Tom thanks for your response. Another clevis question, The stock shock had build in stoppers to prevent the clamp moving all the way to the top, or bottom of the spring. The OME shock is completely smooth allowing the clamp to move anywhere up or down. I mounted the bottom of the shock flush with the bottom of the clamp. My question is can I move the shock slightly up in the clamp so that they, bottom of shock and clamp, are no longer flush? In other words, the bottom of the clamp isn't clamping anything. Am I describing this right?

Another picture... A little closer...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you can move it up into the clevis 1/4 inch or so without problems, thats what the conduit nuts are used for to make sure both are the same height

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Let us know if they have any issues getting it back into alignment!

daddyrat

Reaction score
Let us know if they have any issues getting it back into alignment!

Hey Hoosier, I got the alignment today. They had to adjust the toe in. They said the camber was left slightly out of tolerance. They said that they couldn't adjust it completely within specs due to the lift. I am not sure what that meant, but he said don't worry about it. He said the toe in will eat your tires, not the camber. :shrug: I drove the Jeep home and it tracked straight, rode nice-not harsh, no bangs or knocks, rides higher and looks great. My wife, who would frown on a "trail only" Jeep, loves it. I am very happy with the lift.

I didn't do the clevis lift at this time. I will probably keep the stock tires over the winter and think that right now it is on the verge of looking odd with the smaller tires. If I lifted it more, it might cross that line. I think it looks fine for now.

A quiet road riding AT tire is in the Jeep's future next spring, I like the Firestone Destination A/T's, there seems to be alot of positive reviews out ther on them. I would probably go with the 245/70/17's, do the clevis lift, smash the pinch weld.

I put a trailer hitch on when I did the lift last weekend for a recovery point and ordered "Jeep" tow hooks for the front Monday. I am thinking about a Detroit Truetrac limited slip in the rear sometime. No ******** mudding or water in the future but maybe some mild two-track stuff around Grayling or Silver Lake dunes while on vacations. My wife will enjoy the Jeep this winter in the snow. My favorite view, again...

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Hoosier, I got the alignment today. They had to adjust the toe in. They said the camber was left slightly out of tolerance. They said that they couldn't adjust it completely within specs due to the lift. I am not sure what that meant, but he said don't worry about it. He said the toe in will eat your tires, not the camber. :shrug: I drove the Jeep home and it tracked straight, rode nice-not harsh, no bangs or knocks, rides higher and looks great. My wife, who would frown on a "trail only" Jeep, loves it. I am very happy with the lift.

I didn't do the clevis lift at this time. I will probably keep the stock tires over the winter and think that right now it is on the verge of looking odd with the smaller tires. If I lifted it more, it might cross that line. I think it looks fine for now.

A quiet road riding AT tire is in the Jeep's future next spring, I like the Firestone Destination A/T's, there seems to be alot of positive reviews out ther on them. I would probably go with the 245/70/17's, do the clevis lift, smash the pinch weld.

I put a trailer hitch on when I did the lift last weekend for a recovery point and ordered "Jeep" tow hooks for the front Monday. I am thinking about a Detroit Truetrac limited slip in the rear sometime. No ******** mudding or water in the future but maybe some mild two-track stuff around Grayling or Silver Lake dunes while on vacations. My wife will enjoy the Jeep this winter in the snow. My favorite view, again...

Lookin Good! You should be able to get it into spec with that lift. They aren't doing it right if they can't or something. I would get a second opinion. You may be interested in the Boiler plates too. Look 'em up.

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a sharp looking KJ! I have the same front springs, and I think they ride great.

Hey, you got any head-on pics that really show how the wheel spacers affect the stance? I'm looking into those as a possibility too, and would be interested to see how they look installed.

Thanks!

daddyrat

Reaction score
That's a sharp looking KJ! I have the same front springs, and I think they ride great.

Hey, you got any head-on pics that really show how the wheel spacers affect the stance? I'm looking into those as a possibility too, and would be interested to see how they look installed.

Thanks!

Not a great picture for what your looking for.

From the back.

Just took these.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.