OLD MAN 2882 spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t-tomer

Reaction score
hello everyone!!

i have some idea to put OME 2882 in the front of my kj
it has same rate as the familiar 2790 but with a free length of 395 mm (about 17mm more than the 790's)
this will allow me to alight the vehicle as i need (i have winch, bumper and 3 rear moog spring seat rubbers)

what do you think?
i just missing the inner\outer diameter of the spring, can't find that information.

Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello everyone!!

i have some idea to put OME 2882 in the front of my kj
it has same rate as the familiar 2790 but with a free length of 395 mm (about 17mm more than the 790's)
this will allow me to alight the vehicle as i need (i have winch, bumper and 3 rear moog spring seat rubbers)

what do you think?
i just missing the inner\outer diameter of the spring, can't find that information.

It needs to work with the front insulators and mount. I doubt it will be plug and play. And at that rate, you're still limited in height to the length of the shock...not the length of the spring. The spring needs to compress more to match the length of the shock, which will actually change the spring rate.

Have you already added top plates and clevis space??

t-tomer

Reaction score
It needs to work with the front insulators and mount. I doubt it will be plug and play. And at that rate, you're still limited in height to the length of the shock...not the length of the spring. The spring needs to compress more to match the length of the shock, which will actually change the spring rate.

Have you already added top plates and clevis space??

I forgot to mention, my set up currently is IronMan shocks and springs and jba UCA 4.5 and 3/8 clevis

the height different between the front and the rear now is 65mm

as i lift my vehicle with a lifting machine, i can see i have enough suspension travel to alight the front (compared to the rear of course) so the shock are fine.

my second option is to get the OME2970 with 2 JBA Strut Spring Ring on each side but i'm curious about the OME2882

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention, my set up currently is IronMan shocks and springs and jba UCA 4.5 and 3/8 clevis

as i lift my vehicle with a lifting machine, i can see i have enough suspension travel to alight the front (compared to the rear of course) so the shock are fine.

my second option is to get the OME2970 with 2 JBA Strut Spring Ring on each side but i'm curious about the OME2882
I would suggest getting the normal OME spring. They tend to not sag as much as the iron Man springs.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

No bad idea , strut sprung rings will make the 790 carry more pounds yes, but will make them very rough riding, bad idea all around

As far as the OME springs, no your thought process is sort of going the wrong way and if using them ( the 882 ) front will not function as it should
Use regular 927s if no bumper / winch, with an aftermarket bumper and winch then 790s