OK, I am gonna say it....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am ok with being snubbed by some CJ's and TJ's. I get it, I can live with that.

But there is this magazine that seems to go out of its way to bash the libby every chance it gets. It's newest little article reads "The Liberty Is Dead" "Ding ****, the liberty is....Ok Just the CRD...." [-X What happened to tact?

And the thing is besides the Libby bashing and the whole "Steal-J" episode (the author of this is sssssooooooo cocky and arrogant in this article) that the mag isn't that bad. It's informative to a point. But maybe the should take the heading off that states, "All Jeeps!"

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually do not care what they say. My libby can go so many more places than my friends stock yj its not funny. They just suck at everything besides flipping... A tj is purty good offroad, and probably beats the kj when in its stock form. I wouldnt mind to have one, but I would rather have an xj more than anything. 8-[

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chetos said:
I am ok with being snubbed by some CJ's and TJ's. I get it, I can live with that.

But there is this magazine that seems to go out of its way to bash the libby every chance it gets. It's newest little article reads "The Liberty Is Dead" "Ding ****, the liberty is....Ok Just the CRD...." [-X What happened to tact?

And the thing is besides the Libby bashing and the whole "Steal-J" episode (the author of this is sssssooooooo cocky and arrogant in this article) that the mag isn't that bad. It's informative to a point. But maybe the should take the heading off that states, "All Jeeps!"

Just a bunch of webwheelers or idiots. JP magazine is know to despise the KJ from day one, so what can you expect.

A KJ can go anywhere any other comparably equipped Jeep can. Period. Whoever says not, is just wrong. I've seen it first hand many times. That means a stock KJ will do just as well as any other stock Jeep, except the Rubicon. CJ, TJ, YJ, XJ, WJ, XJ... it doesn't matter. People that say else have not wheeled with KJs enough.

Just think of it this way. Their Jeeps are SO capable they can't even drive on the pavement or break down on the lead in road.

I don't know how many time I've seen super modified Jeeps break just a 5 minutes in. Really capable, it couldn't even get a mile into the trail, but my KJ drive the whole trail. It might not be the most spectacular or climb over the largest boulder, but still does the trail without a problem.

glaurick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Wrangler I pulled out of the sand in Corova didn't think my KJ was an uncapable ****.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cancelled my subscription to them. The only Jeeps they thought were good werent even Jeeps anymore. They were all high dollar, tube framed buggies, with LS1s in thems. Either that or the wood paneled Grand Wagoneers (becuase thats all the writers could afford probably). They didnt appreciate the sport of four wheeling, only the money involved.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj said:
I cancelled my subscription to them. The only Jeeps they thought were good werent even Jeeps anymore. They were all high dollar, tube framed buggies, with LS1s in thems. Either that or the wood paneled Grand Wagoneers (becuase thats all the writers could afford probably). They didnt appreciate the sport of four wheeling, only the money involved.

True. I think its crazy when the only thing left on the rig is the jeep body and they still compare it to stock jeeps. :-s

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny... as I just posted in this article in the News section. Yeah, I can believe that some would like to see it dead, but it's apart of the Jeep line up, has sold very very well, and as we all know, the KJ is certainly a real Jeep.

I like the point that they make that it's up for a redesign in '08... and the return of a diesel version. =D>

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO the Compass and Patriot will take some heat off of the Libby bashers.

But for what it's worth. I have experienced an upswing in the number of friendly Jeep waves I have received lately from other models owners. I quit waving at anything but a Libby, but several XJ, CJ and TJ owners have initiated the ritual lately when I was passing by.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DougBenn said:
IMO the Compass and Patriot will take some heat off of the Libby bashers.

I agree.

We all know a KJ is a Jeep. I almost bought a second KJ (a CRD) if it wasn't that I work from home (so mpg is not an issue!). I still think about a CRD... LOL. But still, put a lift on a KJ and more skids, and watch it go! Time and money... :-s

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only real concern I have with my KJ is the aluminum front differential. It can be an explosive problem...literally. The IFS is currently a limitation for lifting purpouses, but Rocky Road Outfitters says it will have a new CV joint kit out this year that will allow for a 4-6 inch lift kit \:D/