oil leak.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sideshowant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats up all? so my 05 2.4l kj is leaking oil. i was changing the oil when i noticed that it was leaking from up above. i took it back to the dealer and they said it's the valve cover gasket. i droped it off today to have it done along with the balljoints. the service manager calls me later in the day and says they need it for an extra day because when they were doing the valve cover gasket they noticed that it was also leaking oil from the head gasket. when i hear head gasket i think chaos, no good, done for. he said that it's just an external leak and that everything will be fine. does this sound right? is their such a thing as an external head gasket leak? also what questions should i ask or what should i look out for to make sure that i'm not being taken advantage of.

thanks

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're still under warranty right? At this point they have it and will fix it. I would talk to the tech when you pick it up and have him show you exactly where it was leaking from. Make sure the area is clean and keep an eye on it.

Hopefully, it will be ok.

Dave