Oil leak front drivers side of my 3.7 liter engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShawnS

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Liberty Limited Edition and I've been noticing oil in my driveway. About once every other week or so I have to refill my oil to the normal level. There's a leak in the front of the motor near my idler pulley and above my oil filter. I dont know what this would be. My father thought it could be the valve cover gasket but I just had those done a few months ago. The picture isn't the best but it's in a pretty awkward spot... Any insight into what this could be and how I can fix it would be appreciated.

~Shawn

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 30

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have a larger picture? hard to tell but it doesn't look like it's leaking from the oil pressure sender though.

ShawnS

Reaction score
do you have a larger picture? hard to tell but it doesn't look like it's leaking from the oil pressure sender though.

Here, hopefully this is better. It's definitely not the pressure sender but I looked at it a little more closely today and it looks like it could be power steering fluid. I have a small hole in my hose and the fluid level was extremely low. I'm going to do a flush in the daylight tomorrow and replace all the fluid because the old stuff is nasty (and likely hasn't ever been changed, I'm the second owner). It's dirty which is why I thought it was motor oil. I also found that my drain plug has a pretty steady leak which could be the reason behind where my oil keeps disappearing to haha.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Members online