Oh the Horror!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sp3ct3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a sophomore in high school, which unfortunately means that I have to park in a high school parking lot, in which world-class high school motorists drive and park.

So the fact that my poor 07' Liberty fell victim to a hit and run in the aforementioned parking lot is unthinkable, no?

As you can see in the photos below, the incident resulted in the loss of my right rear fender, after it fell of while I was driving.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement(and where it would be cheapest), and if it would be easier to install the replacement myself or take it to a shop.

Here's my Liberty ='(
You must be registered for see images

Now here's the fender after it fell off and dragged behind me going 50mph =\

sp3ct3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Hmm, only ones I found were the Renegade Flares, which I do find attractive =D
I was hoping to install them in the future anyways.

But my parents are goin to pay for the replacement, I doubt they'll spring for them =(

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Hmm, only ones I found were the Renegade Flares, which I do find attractive =D
I was hoping to install them in the future anyways.

But my parents are goin to pay for the replacement, I doubt they'll spring for them =(

I know, have them buy ME the renegade ones for me and after I install them on mine, I'll send you my Sports style flares for free!

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a punk! You can get them one at a time from a MOPAR dealer, but it's expensive... like $150. I ripped one of mine off backing into a sign one time (dumb) but managed to fix it with $4 worth of fasteners from the same dealer. Hard to tell from your pics, but if it's not in too bad shape, you should be able to do the same thing. You'll need to improvise a little- the factory fasteners aren't stocked but they should have others that fit. Be persistent and a good parts dealer will hook you up.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever Try to find out who Hit you KJ? I would have asked for video of the Parking Lot. I know most schools have that now a days.

I had someone try to break into of my car along with a couple of my buddies cars when I was in High school. A video recording is what let us to find the person.

sp3ct3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever Try to find out who Hit you KJ? I would have asked for video of the Parking Lot. I know most schools have that now a days.

I had someone try to break into of my car along with a couple of my buddies cars when I was in High school. A video recording is what let us to find the person.

Yeah, but we couldn't see my car from the camera..
:'(

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but we couldn't see my car from the camera..
:'(

Time to start parking in front of the camera I guess......sorry about your mishap.

Some people are so careless you have to be careful where you park, and even then things can go wrong. I got wacked in a parking lot once and now I park way away from everyone most of the time.

Dave

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back about a year ago we had a problem with car prowling in the parking lot at work. About 2 or 3 smash and grabs a week. We installed about 10 cameras around the perimeter of the lot. They were still able to break into a cars and avoid detection. Right after they put in enough cameras to cover the entire lot from several angles. I guess about 20ish. The kicker: I work at a state prison with armed perimeter patrols, at the end of a long dead end road and oddly the thievery only happened on inmate visiting days.

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW! a sophomore in HS with an '07 CRD?? id say your a pretty lucky kid lol, sorry to hear about the bad luck was it $62 for one?

sp3ct3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, yeah I agree. VERY lucky, considering it's my second car after I totaled my first... idea.gif

Yeah, only $62 for one "Rear-Quarter Sport Fender Flare" or something along those lines, ha.

dog_party

Reaction score
I would definitely go to a junk yard for a part like that.

BTW - That's either not an 07 or not a CRD. Jeep didn't offer the diesel motor as an option in the USA in 07.

Members online

No members online now.