Off-roading in Mexico

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the picture quality and lack of more pictures, we got two cameras partially wet, one soaked, two very wet and angry wives in back seat nagging us, and finally one dirty jeep. Oh and one stuck front driver side wheel, that would just hop its way through before we put it in reverse went back about 100 feet, fixed it the mexican way and continued our 75mile trip.

You must be registered for see images

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks neat Hyed. Looks like a lot of fun. I would love to do that. How long were you down there??

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave, was down there just a day, passing through.
ridenby, actually i was happy that it rained, Lucky thing it did not rain during the ride. All that water you see is actually off the trail puddles. It was mud covered road with bunch of puddles, and of course being on a rental I floored through most of them. The wetness was not from the rain but from the standing water, lucky we didn't catch any disease.

After the break at the end before we headed back out, when we came back to our jeeps they were infested with mosquitoes. Even the little puddles inside the jeep instantly became hang-out spot for the darn insects. Oh and I saw a spider/tarantula type crossing the road like a squirrel as we were leaving the place. Wanted to stop for a quick snap but the convoy had strict no-stop policy for some reason.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave, was down there just a day, passing through.
ridenby, actually i was happy that it rained, Lucky thing it did not rain during the ride. All that water you see is actually off the trail puddles. It was mud covered road with bunch of puddles, and of course being on a rental I floored through most of them. The wetness was not from the rain but from the standing water, lucky we didn't catch any disease.

After the break at the end before we headed back out, when we came back to our jeeps they were infested with mosquitoes. Even the little puddles inside the jeep instantly became hang-out spot for the darn insects. Oh and I saw a spider/tarantula type crossing the road like a squirrel as we were leaving the place. Wanted to stop for a quick snap but the convoy had strict no-stop policy for some reason.

Hyed, where in Mexico was that? Mosquitos/maleria is a big concern in those places. They love Northerners. Who took the pic of the back of your head and out the windshield when you were driving? That is a good one.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave, this is Maja Hual / Costa Maya.
Luckily we had someone with bunch of insect-repelling cream, so we covered everywhere possible with that. My wife took that one. We have bunch more but since they weren't really that jeep related I didn't post them, I can send you a few others.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you can put up more pics. Looks like you had fun.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh it was fun. Middle of the road on the highway the top popped off! :)