Off road rear bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one makes bumpers now.
Arb on front, and no rear bumpers.

There was a guy named ricky here and at lostjeeps but he got kicked out and no longer wants to make stuff.

I think tom was making it but he doesnt now.

Too much work for little gain.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh I apparently missed THAT story. (about ricky)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No one makes bumpers now.
Arb on front, and no rear bumpers.

There was a guy named ricky here and at lostjeeps but he got kicked out and no longer wants to make stuff.

I think tom was making it but he doesnt now.

Too much work for little gain.

I like people speaking for me :Insane::emotions34:

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol didn't mean that. I shouldn't even have brought it up.

Anyway, so no way any of rear bumpers will be made huh :( i really liked the look of rl and ones you made

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol didn't mean that. I shouldn't even have brought it up.

Anyway, so no way any of rear bumpers will be made huh :( i really liked the look of rl and ones you made

Just talking to the shop yesterday thats doing the bends for me
But thats all I will say now, not promising anything SINCE I'm still owed money from the last go around.
Is a lot of work for no more that what you get out of them, then people want personalized bumpers for a KJ for 250 bucks which isn't going to happen if you want something decent looking and strong

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My problem with most front and rear heavy duty bumpers is, they just don't look that good to me. I'd want something that flows into the rest of the jeep like the stock plastic not-so-fantastics do. I'm not interested in dropping $2000+ on a pair of bumpers though. At least not right now. (*koff* regear and DTTs. *koff*)

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my RockLizard rear bumper, and it's come in handy plenty of times. I purchased the rear over the front because the 32" tires on the rear gate shook it so damn bad that I was afraid the tire and mount were going to rip clean off. Since Liberties have a bit of an ass on them, it's taken a few bumps when wheeling. Also have been rear ended, and I actually felt sorry for the guy as he had just driven off the lot less than 100yds away.

If I ever get rid of my little Marshmellow (unlikely), I'll part her out and you can have the bumper

Off the topic, but I really missed out on front bumpers while they were available. ARBs are massive, but only thing available now. I recall seeing a modified ARB that brought it closer to the body, anyone know more about that?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Love my RockLizard rear bumper, and it's come in handy plenty of times. I purchased the rear over the front because the 32" tires on the rear gate shook it so damn bad that I was afraid the tire and mount were going to rip clean off. Since Liberties have a bit of an ass on them, it's taken a few bumps when wheeling. Also have been rear ended, and I actually felt sorry for the guy as he had just driven off the lot less than 100yds away.

If I ever get rid of my little Marshmellow (unlikely), I'll part her out and you can have the bumper

Off the topic, but I really missed out on front bumpers while they were available. ARBs are massive, but only thing available now. I recall seeing a modified ARB that brought it closer to the body, anyone know more about that?

Had an ARB first, then full rear and front RL with all options, sold them all starting over from scratch, :Insane:

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the modifications ever end? :burnout:

I'm interested as to why you're not keeping the ARB mounted?

Because its Tom. He has so much stuff kicking around he needs to know what everything looks like installed. I heard that search and rescue once took a week to find him after he became lost wandering through his pile of parts! :icon_razz:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Do the modifications ever end? :burnout:

I'm interested as to why you're not keeping the ARB mounted?

I bought the 04 new, by the time it had 20,000 miles it was lifted and the ARB installed, things went from there, its had 3 different sets of wheels, 5 different sets of tires, 3 different front bumpers etc
On going project over the last 12 years and 220,000 miles oh and 4 different lifts with muddifications to them all
Now torn down and ready for a make over again