Obx

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Figure I would share some pictures of my OBX trip with you all :) The trip was absolutely amazing and I was floored by the island and what it had to offer.

The load:

You must be registered for see images attach

She was stuffed to the rim with internal cargo too!! The bike rack actually worked out better than expected. While the door was definitely hanging a bit if I opened it, it was still able to latch. The support of the straps I used (up to the roof rack) helped the rack not bounce and put stress on the door. The carrier itself didn't even flinch. No noises experienced whatsoever.

A couple of days into the trip...on the way to Ocracoke Island via car ferry. VERY unique experience! Loved it.

On the way home on the car ferry:

On the way home on Route 12. We were able to see the sun set over the sound. Absolutely amazing experience. I may have had to take a very small trail I did not have a permit for... but worth it!!! :gr_grin: I figured as long as I respected the land and just appreciated the beauty, there was no harm done to be there for 20 minutes. Thanks for not judging... :emotions34:

The next day we took a drive on the beach. Alllll the way to the Virginia border (the fence in the following picture). She handled the sand fantastically! I aired down for caution but didn't need it for much of the drive.

That's it as far as Jeep pictures go! I loved every minute of being there this week. The Outer Banks gets a 12/10 rating in my book! :icon_razz:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Beautiful pics! How many can say they've driven their KJ onto a ferry? I can't! I take it the KJ did well overall?

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful pics! How many can say they've driven their KJ onto a ferry? I can't! I take it the KJ did well overall?

The KJ did excellent. All 1000+ miles, on and off the road. All the tireless work that I put into it really paid off. It was expensive but so worth it in the end.

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:) gotta love it!

that's a big ferry compared to the old davis ferry which was a 4 car ferry and the guy that ran it was a drunk and dumped some folks vehicles off in the water one evening and , yeah.. lol

now the okracoake ferry, thats a big ferry, been on just about all of them at one time or another, they make you think about what youre doin when your garmin all of a sudden shows you swimmin with no land in sight!

you start thinkin stuff like, do i grab a life vest or jump in it and go down with it. lol

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome pics Dude1116. Looks and sounds like you had a great adventure with your Jeep.

Dave

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you see any horses?

I had the luck of being right at the front on the return from Orakoke - nothing like looking out the windshield of a Jeep and seeing nothing but water.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you see any horses?

I had the luck of being right at the front on the return from Orakoke - nothing like looking out the windshield of a Jeep and seeing nothing but water.

Absolutely I did!

Overall the ferry experience was pretty surreal. That whole ride was absolutely gorgeous and the water was a phenomenal greenish-blue color. Absolutely fantastic.

Latest posts

Members online