OBDII connecter not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nooby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"I have already fixed but just letting anyone else know"

I didn't have any problems with the jeep, but my wife called me and said the van got a check engine light, so I told her how to do the "key dance" which failed to work for her, so after long distance trouble shooting (she was 1000miles away) determined it was nothing serious(egr valve, no symptoms)

She drove home and I picked up a cheap reader (Autel MaxiScan MS309 CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool Code Reader for OBDII Vehicles)

Worked great on the van and I was just making sure the reader worked I hooked it up to the jeep, Nothing, no power,
But when you turn to accessory the engine light would light up so I knew it was doing the checks ok, also I knew the pcm was connecting since I have the EVIC installed and connected there

Checked fuses, and the fuse 33 on the inside panel was blown and it is for the connector, replaced and now the reader works fine, and I didn't even know there was a problem before replacing it

only thing I can think is it blew when I changed the shift bezel bulb a few months ago,
I had inspection in january and i figure they would check for stored codes as part of the inspection but they might not have too, and since I have never had a check engine light on, I have never had the need to check for codes