OBDII Codes P1651 P0560 P1130 CRD 2.5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2002 CRD 2.5 suddenly "pinged" at me. I noticed the instrument panel was dead ie. no speedo, fuel guage or temp guage. Pulled off the road and it died. Engine turned over but would not fire. Waited a while, engine fired and instrument panel OK. Drove home and pulled these codes out by turning ignition om/off four times and reding code in odometer.
Codes are P1651 P0560 P1130 in that order I cannot find these codes on the web....most codes dont cover the 2002 CRD 2.5 Liberty (Cherokee)
I am going on a long trip in two days time...need help urgent please!!
I am going to start looking for loose connections around the OBC.

Thanks!!

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks TonyCRD, I have cleaned and tightened the battery connections and replugged the connectors on the OBC....so far it seems OK but I will take it for more tests runs and will also check the fuel rail for any small leaks...I think it is a loose connection somewhere hence the whole cluster dying!

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, Status so far. I went on my 240 mile journey..everything fine untill I turned on front wipers...cluster pinged..all lights and guages died...so did the motor. Restart and process repeats every time font wipers used. Drove without wipers, made emergancy repair of hard-wiring wipers direct to battery with a hand switch so I could drive back...on the drive back lots of beeping..warning lights flashing...gauges on/off erraticaly irrespective of wipers being on/off. When I got home, I saw that the battery had been overcharging as it had spat a lot of its water out. Topped up with battery water and checked battery at expert. Fitted a voltmeter to battery and with wipers re-connected...voltage would rise above 17 volts with wipers on and all the pinging and engine dying started. Traced a bad wire going from wiper home position to wiper HI/low relay, isolated that wire and replaced..problem fixed. Then, every time I switch on airconditioner...battery voltage rises above 17 volts and process repeats. This time isolated and replaced a wire going from aircon relay to clutch..works OK. Now, when cold, voltage rises again at start-up..irrespective of aircon or wipers...voltage goes over 17 volts and the pinging starts again but usually does not stop the motor.
I get codes P0560 P1130 P1685 P0645.
I suspect the glow-plug circuits may now be the problem as after warming up it is fine. My questions are: The meaning of the Error Codes, where are the "glow plugs" located and where is the "Glow plug Assembly" located on this 2.5L CRD motor? I cant find them! I suspect a cable harness is fraying away somewhere...the car has been panel beated, engine removed and a rat/mouse has been living in the engine bay/airfilter box.:(

Thanks Guys:)

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Latest status is I found two more bad wires going to the pick coils of the glow plug relays.
Now when it is cold I initially have no error lights. Start it up and battery voltage rises again to 17 volts, Pings and battery light comes on, voltage goes down and can now drive it OK although with Battery light on. Error code is P0382, which by my code list is "Intake Air Heater Relay No. 2 Ctrl Circ"; I do not know if this is the correct explanation for this 2.5 CRD?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep is now working, I found another wire faulty somewhere in the harness, this time the + Battery sense wire going from +12v in the fuse box to the ECM....ECM was not sensing voltage properly...kept raising charge voltage untill it hit about 17 volts then shut down, set battery light on and probably went into limp mode at 25% charge.
I basically found 5 faulty wires in total somewhere in the same large harness that runs from the ECM/fusebox around the front of the radiator to the RH side. I could not see any damage so isolated all wires on both ends and replaced. Fortunately I am retired now and with 34 years background experience in Electronics I was able to fix it myself with help from the circuit diagrams available from ScribD!

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep is now working, I found another wire faulty somewhere in the harness, this time the + Battery sense wire going from +12v in the fuse box to the ECM....ECM was not sensing voltage properly...kept raising charge voltage untill it hit about 17 volts then shut down, set battery light on and probably went into limp mode at 25% charge.
I basically found 5 faulty wires in total somewhere in the same large harness that runs from the ECM/fusebox around the front of the radiator to the RH side. I could not see any damage so isolated all wires on both ends and replaced. Fortunately I am retired now and with 34 years background experience in Electronics I was able to fix it myself with help from the circuit diagrams available from ScribD!

Congrats on getting it all fixed up! :)