OBD2/DLC plug!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed my OBD2 also called DLC Plug (where you connect to read codes is broken and missing a corner where 2 wires are hanging out, anyone know where i can i get a new end? preferably a factory jeep style
Thanks!!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a place that can get any part for your KJ,factory style and all..........................

It's called the dealership,they can even look up part #'s for you also:D(sorry couldn't help being a smarta$$,you kinda left the door wide open).

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can, at least not in the factory parts manual, that's part of the entire dash harness, no pieces. I'm sure they can find it from somewhere, but I couldn't find a part number.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tape the wires off so they can't short against each other until you can get a more permanent fix just in case!!!

Otherwise, well... The only option i could think of would be to go to a junk yard and find one from another Chrysler vehicle, they are a industry standard so any scan tool can connect to it but the crimps on the wires seem to be slightly different on the Chrysler's than other brands.

Ok, so you find one in a yard, now what? You chop that sucker off and remove it, all you really want is the plastic connector shell. You need the pin removal tool from Chrysler, a few other sources online also have them, then you remove all the wires from the replacement plug and then pull one wire at a time from your original and plug them into the replacement to make sure you get them in the right spots.

A dealer could probably get that connector shell and do it also, but then they might also want to replace the harness, i don't know for sure. I can tell you from experience that you can pop those crimps out with a pin vise and a good stiff piece of wire if you know what your doing here. I deal with these modular style connectors a lot so these are no different.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find a Ram (pref 02 and up) and chop the end off. They're exactly the same (I have both to look at).

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i looked online and they have a bunch of universals which i don't like the idea plus they all looked to take a week or more to ship and i want it done now so i just ended up getting a new one from the dealership, not to bad only $19.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a standard connector, they've got to be available. Problem is crimping it down. It's not quite like the old RS232 25 pin cables. Example: http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/products/3770162/J1962_OBD-II_16P_M_CONNECTOR.html

No its a not a problem, the crimps are reusable, just remove the wires from the broken connector and pop into the new one.

Now if you had a damaged crimp thats another thing, not sure where to find those but i'm sure they are out there. I will check out that link as well, never know when a guy is going to need parts like that!

EDIT: The link is the MALE connector, what plugs into the vehicles FEMALE connector. I will do some research on this, there has to be a source for the FEMALE other than a yard.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i looked online and they have a bunch of universals which i don't like the idea plus they all looked to take a week or more to ship and i want it done now so i just ended up getting a new one from the dealership, not to bad only $19.

What is the part number?

Is it just the connector housing or an actual harness??

Details!!! PLEASE... LOL

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the part number?

Is it just the connector housing or an actual harness??

Details!!! PLEASE... LOL

Its just the factory connector i believe, and im not sure of the part number, my dad manages a chrysler/GM bodyshop and he ordered it for me :D and ill have his guys make sure they put it in and have all the pins put into the proper location when they are programming my new remote, and checking the codes! Thats the free to me part ;)

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok good enough, just thought if you bought it and the part number was on the bag it was in then we could archive that info in case someone else needed it.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EDIT: The link is the MALE connector, what plugs into the vehicles FEMALE connector. I will do some research on this, there has to be a source for the FEMALE other than a yard.

I noticed that after looking more closely at it, but I was really just trying to show an example of how you could find one online. Thanks for the info.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that after looking more closely at it, but I was really just trying to show an example of how you could find one online. Thanks for the info.

Yeah i saw those, but most were coming straight from china or somewhere out of the U.S. and were a lot to ship and take forever to get, then i realized i could get a factory one for about the same price tomorrow :)

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i saw those, but most were coming straight from china or somewhere out of the U.S. and were a lot to ship and take forever to get, then i realized i could get a factory one for about the same price tomorrow :)

Thats a good deal, glad to hear you can actually get it from the dealer!

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed my OBD2 also called DLC Plug (where you connect to read codes is broken and missing a corner where 2 wires are hanging out, anyone know where i can i get a new end? preferably a factory jeep style

If you go to a CDJ dealership, just ask the parts department for a connector repair kit. Chrysler has a website that literally has thousands and thousands of connector repair kits available so that you don't have to replace entire harnesses or get junkyard parts.

I order quite a bit off of that website to repair peoples vehicles. Before anybody asks for a link, it is only accessible with a Chrysler login, and I don't know what login the parts department uses.:confused:

If anybody ever needs help locating a connector, shoot me an email or PM with what you need and I can get a part number and price for you.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that i got the connecter, i need to know which wires goes in which holes? anyone have a diagram or close up pictures?
Thanks!

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know which color wires goes where?! i have 4 that are out of there place, and i think 5 holes were broken off

I need to know where white with green stripe, white with red stripe (not orange but a maroon red) white with grey stripe and green with black stripe
Thanks!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online