OBD Sensor VS oo-OO That Smell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boueux

Reaction score
Still fine tooth combing the new to us KJ. Slowly but / surly / lol.

There’s so there’s a particular smell in the cabin, made me say the word exhaust, but one way or the other, it’s not sweet fresh air… and I’d also noted “ white smoke “ at startup, accompanied by a separate, sweet smell, that yes, could be glycol burning off in coolant and the white smoke could be caused by condensation as it’s been very cold. This week all of the fluids have been being replaced to start her new path with us.

But here are the results of the first OBD sensor readings we took before that work started.

www.tinyurl.com//06Liberty01OBD

Hoping someone with more chops than me might comment here?

Many thanks to all who perpetuate the Jeep Spirit

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of low voltage warnings on the test, I'd retest with a charged or new battery.
For the nasty smell check the exhaust system, especially where the manifolds bolt to the head, also look at the breather hoses.
If you can smell fumes in the cabin then you should be able to smell them around the engine when it's running, an exhaust leak will sometimes be a sharp tapping noise in time with the firing pulse.
Is the rubber seal on the top of the firewall between the engine and the air intake still in place and in good condition? It stops the fan suckling in rhe air that blows round the engine when you're driving.

Members online

No members online now.