NV3550 question..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I couldn't make the time to do it myself, so I had the dealership service my transmission last month. Before it was serviced, there were no problems whatsoever. But ever since it was serviced, it's difficult to shift. It doesn't like to come out of gear. Kind of feels like it's bound up. I'll try to take it out of gear and the shifter won't move, but if I move the shifter back a little and try again it moves like it's supposed to. It's most noticeable going from 2nd to 3rd or downshifting any gear. No difference whether I use the clutch or not. Seems like it does it more when it's hot. Any ideas on what may be the problem? Just hope the dealership didn't screw my ****** up :pp:

ryanee182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is doing the exact same thing! A couple of months ago I had the clutch replaced, along with the input shaft of the transmission. Since then, driving around town it shifts great. But if I let it warm up on a long drive, it doesn't want to come OUT of gear very easily. I notice it most when up or downshifting from 3rd. It always goes IN to gear fine. The clutch is smooth, seems to be fully disengaging, and I never have any grinding noises.

I'm starting to wonder if wrong/different fluid was used after the trans rebuild.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I just checked the sales receipt. It has the correct part # on it for the fluid, 4874464. Now whether that's what they actually put in or not is hard to say. Guess I'll go back to the dealership in the AM and see what BS they come up with.

Members online

No members online now.