Not Pretty...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's Not Pretty...

I know I've posted another dirty filter pic a few months ago, but I think it's worth repeating.

I've had my Liberty 7 months and 13,300 miles. I just put in it's "4th" air filter this morning. The one pictured below was installed on Aug 2nd. It lasted a total of 9 weeks - 4,100 miles and three Arizona trail runs!!!

Moral of the story: if you're doing any off roading... keep an eye on those air filters, especially the AZ "got groceries?" gang....

:eek: :eek: :eek:

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you are breathing that air.. Move to California. :)

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
California is half of the reason our air ***** so much.....

Now that you mention it, I haven't looked at my filter in a while. I am really considering the new Fram that you can hose out and put back in.

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran stock filter until 15,000 miles. I wish i had taken a picture. I've never seen a filter so dirty in my life. It looked like someone crushed up a bunch of charcoal and covered the entire thing :eek:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that you mention it, I haven't looked at my filter in a while. I am really considering the new Fram that you can hose out and put back in.

I didn't know Fram was making a washable/reusable one. I'll have to look for it and check it out. This sounds like a good idea especially for you guys in the desert.

Looks like AZKJ wins the "dirty air filter award".

Dave

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know Fram was making a washable/reusable one. I'll have to look for it and check it out. This sounds like a good idea especially for you guys in the desert.

Looks like AZKJ wins the "dirty air filter award".

Dave

Yeah. It's called the Fram SynWash. I haven't looked that much into it yet. I just saw the commercials and thought it looked pretty cool.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Yikes! Mine gets about 1/4 as dirty after one year. I usually change it every 6-8 months to max. the performance out of it....but sheesh that's dirty!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it's better than their pretend oil filters! :D

haha.....yea I wouldn't put their oil filters on someone elce's Jeep. But I have used their air filters before with no problems.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.