Normal Off State Battery Drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mgsntx

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Jeep liberty limited 2wd nothing aftermarket. Battery is draining over night. 3 different people have tested the battery with the handheld test apparatus and it shows good as well as the charging system. I replaced the starter because the auto parts store couldn't test it yet and it sounded like a solenoid contact problem. if i disconnect the battery it starts the next morning. If I leave it connected, it may or may not turn over. I have checked the current drain and it is as follows. upon connection of the amp meter there is a 2 amp draw for about 4 seconds. Then id drops to 600 Milliamps for about 15 seconds Then it drops to 16 Milliamps for the duration of the 4 hour test. Now 16 mA I would think would be fine, thats about what 1 LED draws. I am going to test it overnite at home to see if there is something going on.

Question: Has anyone ever heard of interference or defective remote entry/start fob's triggering the system to increase the loads, just wondering what the heck I have here!

StarDreamers.us

Reaction score
Do you have a hitch installed? I had this problem on my 2005 and it turned out to be a ground problem in the wring near the hitch, factory installed.

Godd luck on finding a solution.

Safe Travels!

Sephiroth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you find what the problem was? im having the same problem with mine right now..:(