Noise(groan squeak) on turn from passenger wheel even w/engine off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this just started Tuesday. Hopped in the Jeep to do Laundry and when I went to pull out, it sounded like a door opening in an old horror movie when I turned the wheel. I chalked it up to a lot of recent rain, that I park on dirt/grass, and it hadn't been ran since Sunday night. Figured it would work itself out. It persisted and makes noises when turning the wheel in either direction and also when hitting bumps and starting/stopping.

I tried checking threads here, but they all seem to focus on the power steering pump. I checked the fluid and it's fine. It makes the noise when the engine is off and the wheel is turned. It also makes the noise when you push down on the passenger side. Here is a video of me pushing on the fender and then getting in and turning the wheel left and right, all w/engine off. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TPTB1JamuM

Bringing it to the mechanic tomorrow to make an appointment and hoping he can give it a once over while I'm there to see if I'm safe to drive. Tried to find some zerks, like I had on my Dodge, but can't seem to find any. Any ideas to pass along to the mechanic and why it would happen almost overnight? Thanks

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mechanic replaced the upper control arm and ball joint and it's quiet as a baby now.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online