Nnooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya thats what ive read. but i never really cared for the KK so the true liberty died with the KJ in my eyes.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:disgust: I think thats a dumb move.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Why is it a dumb move?
Chrysler/Fiat wants to sell more cars.
Let's face it, most people buy a Jeep as an image.
Just like people who buy technical mountaineering jackets but never set foot on a mountain!
It's all about the image.
Just look at most of the lifted Liberty's here in the Metro Vancouver area!

Just an image.
In the 4 years and 11 months we've owned and wheeled ours we have never seen one other KJ or KK out on the trail!
We see lots of New Wranglers...

SMETNA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya thats what ive read. but i never really cared for the KK so the true liberty died with the KJ in my eyes.

I'll have to disagree there. If you don't dig the box on wheels look of the kk, that's fine. But mechanically, theyre the same. The kk has slightly less departure angle. I've owned both, and I can say that the kk is quieter, better made with better materials, and better engineered. I.e. They put a telescoping driveshaft on the kk so drivers wouldn't break something in the transfer case when shifting in/out of 4x4 in an off-camber situation. I loved my KJ, and I love my kk more.

My advise to folks: if your KJ is getting close to the end, get a good deal on a kk before it's too late and they turn it into a rav. Or get a wrangler. The SUV is going extinct as we've known it.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to disagree there. If you don't dig the box on wheels look of the kk, that's fine. But mechanically, theyre the same. The kk has slightly less departure angle. I've owned both, and I can say that the kk is quieter, better made with better materials, and better engineered. I.e. They put a telescoping driveshaft on the kk so drivers wouldn't break something in the transfer case when shifting in/out of 4x4 in an off-camber situation. I loved my KJ, and I love my kk more.

My advise to folks: if your KJ is getting close to the end, get a good deal on a kk before it's too late and they turn it into a rav. Or get a wrangler. The SUV is going extinct as we've known it.

personal preference. The rear end suspension is different all together too.

4Runners are still cool.

x2

Trap

Reaction score
I think the're making a mistake cause now there going to be competing head on with the Ford Escape, Rav 4, Honda CRV, etc. instead of being unigue,

We wanted the Liberty cause of the true 4x4 that could be used off road,
If not for that I would have gone with a Ford Escape, for the better milage and better local dealer.

So I think there shooting themselves in the foot by not being unique.

SMETNA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
personal preference

Indeed

You know, I was thinking. Ford makes nohing but crossovers now. Hummer is gone. Jeep wrangler looks like the only purpose built trail rig on the market (besides some toyotas)

Ford used to make the orig Bronco to compete with the CJ. If they made a new bronco to contrast with the new pussified explorer and escape, it would fill out their line nicely, and offer a choice against the wrangler like it used to.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I won't panic until I see some actual specs and photos.

I think something like a beefier Patriot would be pretty cool.

I figure my next vehicle will be a car anyway. Gas isn't gonna get any cheaper ever again. I'll keep the KJ for playing outdoors and drive a little gas sipper the rest of the time

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yet the Detroit paper says that they are adding 1100 employees to make Liberty's because it's still popular.

Latest posts

Members online