Nicolet Run - Sept. 25-27

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Till LOST comes back, I thought it a good idea to post the Nicolet Run info here.

September 25-27
Nicolet National Park - Bear Lake
(Near Laona, WI)
http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/cnnf/rec/camping/nic_17.html

IL people - meet in Kenosha at the Speedway gas station off of I-94 and Rt. 50 (75th St.) - exit the interstate and turn left at the stoplight. Gas station will be on the left side of the street. Depart time for Nicolet from the gas station: between 8:30-9:00am. Speedway Gas Station map

The campground at Bear Lake is not easy to find. If you'd prefer to meet in the town of Laona, we can arrange a time, place, and exchange cell phone numbers ahead of time. PM me.

We'll run CB channel 4, like last time.

Attending (carried over from LOST):
1.yellocoyote
2. callaway
3. oddball

Someone let me know if I've left anything out... :confused:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah... and we're probably gonna get some from the DDO group. I got a PM from the head honcho in their group saying that they were going to go... so we'll see how that turns out.:-k

callaway

Reaction score
I think I'm definitely out... too much $$ spent this week on crap =/

Yeah... and we're probably gonna get some from the DDO group. I got a PM from the head honcho in their group saying that they were going to go... so we'll see how that turns out.:-k

How many dd ppl are going ?

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
How many dd ppl are going ?

Sounds like they got 4 from the DDO group going so far. I've been invited to their meeting on Saturday to talk about Nicolet... so there may be more (or less :confused:) after this weekend. :p

STINGN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
um, battery totally done, got me an optima today :) so it starts, my transmission kinda gets screwy when in reverse, wont engage all the time...and my rear shocks are toast!

not really died, but it wouldn't start for a few days and it ***** to pop in reverse

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
um, battery totally done, got me an optima today :) so it starts, my transmission kinda gets screwy when in reverse, wont engage all the time...and my rear shocks are toast!

not really died, but it wouldn't start for a few days and it ***** to pop in reverse

The trans issue doesn't sound good. As for the rear shocks, you might as well just get these Rancho's and the OME springs too after you fix the ******.

STINGN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the springs, need the hockey pucks soon, i get a lot of flex, but the coils hate it ;)

and shocks will be during the winter

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Check and/or change your transmission fluids yet? Maybe it's just time for new fluid/filter. Call me if you want help - I'm not going to be around much this weekend or next, but could probably do it after that.

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since it now seems this trip has dwindled to just Jayme and myself going, I thought I'd throw out, that if anyone from the Chicago area wanted to ride along for wheeling & camping 3 day weekend, (I can't speak on Jayme's behalf) that would be okay with me. You would just have to share in the cost of the chow when we get up there.

Last edited:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Since it now seems this trip has dwindled to just Jayme and myself going, I thought I'd throw out, that if anyone from the Chicago area wanted to ride along for wheeling & camping 3 day weekend, (I can't speak on Jayme's behalf) that would be okay with me. You would just have to share in the cost of the chow when we get up there.

x2 - I'll have room as well, as it's just me on this trip this time.

I went to the DDO club meeting this afternoon - nice guys, by the way. Here's the game plan thus far:

We still go up as originally planned, on Friday morning. We'll still camp at Bear Lake Campground, unless we'd rather camp somewhere with more amenities (running water, showers, etc). The rest of their group won't get into the area until late on Friday night.

Saturday morning we'll all meet and run the Nicolet trails for the day. In the evening, we're invited to hang with them at their campground (McCaslin) and BS/grill/whatever.

Sunday is they day they plan to run the trails at McCaslin. We can do more of the Nicolet trails instead - I'm prefectly fine with that. Then we can head for home around noon or 1pm.

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the DDO club meeting this afternoon - nice guys, by the way. Here's the game plan thus far:

We still go up as originally planned, on Friday morning. We'll still camp at Bear Lake Campground, unless we'd rather camp somewhere with more amenities (running water, showers, etc). The rest of their group won't get into the area until late on Friday night.

Saturday morning we'll all meet and run the Nicolet trails for the day. In the evening, we're invited to hang with them at their campground (McCaslin) and BS/grill/whatever.

Sunday is they day they plan to run the trails at McCaslin. We can do more of the Nicolet trails instead - I'm prefectly fine with that. Then we can head for home around noon or 1pm.

:cool:

drive.gif (libsilver) drive.gif (libblack)