newish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ima9er

Reaction score
what's up everybody, my wife just bought a 2005 jeep liberty crd. i've been doing a lot of searching on websites and forums. and reading other peoples problems and fixes. so i finally decided to join this group. I can never keep a vehicle stock. so as long as the wife allows it, it'll be upgraded. like i said before it's the wife's jeep for a year, then once she's done with it, it'll be all mine and then the real customization will come into affect..

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!
Yes I understand customization bug. Shortly after I bought mine it was tires, skids, lift etc etc.
What color is your CRD?

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Welcome!

First worry on a CRD is the timing belt. How many miles and years has it been in there?

Have your wife give it a good warmup and a couple minutes idle time at destination. That'll keep the head from cracking and the turbo lubed.

LOSTJeeps has the most info on your engine.

Rotella T 5w40.

Just Empty Every Pocket

ima9er

Reaction score
It's the green color, darker green color.
And I'm honestly not sure how long the timing belt has been, we bought it from a small used dealership for 3k. And it has 160xxx miles. I have a 1 ton mega cab dodge diesel that I only use rotella in her.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Maybe carfax knows when the belt was done. When in doubt, do the belt. And the water pump, they don't last two belts.

ID Parts has a belt kit, special tools, etc.

Look for a blue electrical connector on the fuel filter housing. If it isn't blue you might want to upgrade to the gen2 metal filter housing.

Other stuff:

Provent air/oil seperator
ARP head studs
GDE tune
New rocker/lifters
Sasquatch Weeks kit
TURBO DIESEL FREAK's thermo$tat hou$ing
In tank lift pump

and more...

Yours might be the same color as mine, deep beryl green.

Last edited:

ima9er

Reaction score
Maybe carfax knows when the belt was done. When in doubt, do the belt. And the water pump, they don't last two belts.

ID Parts has a belt kit, special tools, etc.

Look for a blue electrical connector on the fuel filter housing. If it isn't blue you might want to upgrade to the gen2 metal filter housing.

Other stuff:

Provent air/oil seperator
ARP head studs
GDE tune
New rocker/lifters
Sasquatch Weeks kit
TURBO DIESEL FREAK's thermo$tat hou$ing
In tank lift pump

and more...

Yours might be the same color as mine, deep beryl green.

Thank you this is awesome info.. I was definitely looking into the gde tune, I want to get an egr delete kit, but no one makes a good one anymore.