Newish to the group

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Posts have been super helpful so far.

I have ‘05 Liberty Sport, RC 3” lift, pro comp 15x8 wheels, BFGS 31x10. Just found tow hooks and skids at local junkyard!

Attachments

• 331BFA47-C704-44C1-AF7F-53B65087200B.jpeg
    331BFA47-C704-44C1-AF7F-53B65087200B.jpeg
    352.4 KB · Views: 23

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome

RC lift, well now you can upgrade
Have you regeared yet ?
What plans do you have next ?

Dane

Reaction score
Haven’t regearedyet. Picking up rest of skids on a couple weeks from the junkyard.

Put on new uca’s and struts but will need to upgrade those once I get an off-road bumper.

Think a regear is needed running 31” tires?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Haven’t regearedyet. Picking up rest of skids on a couple weeks from the junkyard.

Put on new uca’s and struts but will need to upgrade those once I get an off-road bumper.

Think a regear is needed running 31” tires?
If going to an aftermarket bumper you will need stronger springs from OME , ( OME 927s ) the spacer lift will never work, as it is not a very good way to lift anyways
and of course new front " shocks " from either OME or Bilstein . (We have a coilover shock front suspension)
and regearing , it helps a lot, running 31s. I run 31s on one of mine ( the 03 ) with 4.10s and brings it back to stock performance and mileage, so much more fun to drive
You can run it that way, but it lacks the power on hills and normal driving

what bumpstops are you running front and rear ?
You'll need to run more than normal in the rear due to those wheels
where most with correct backspaced wheels and right width can get away with 2 inches , you may need 3 or so

Dane

Reaction score
What I see online for lifts is OME but they’re only 1.5”. I’m concerned with the loss of height.

Suggestions for maintaining a 3” lift or is that something I don’t need to worry about?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What I see online for lifts is OME but they’re only 1.5”. I’m concerned with the loss of height.

Suggestions for maintaining a 3” lift or is that something I don’t need to worry about?
You need to read up on here and learn the real facts
First thing is a OME 927 front spring gives you 2.5 inches of lift over new stock height
The 1.5 is advertised for Australian Insurance purposes
Next I highly doubt that the RC spacer lift actually gave you 3 inches of lift, never seen one yet that did
Measure left front, middle of the wheel ( hub ) to the bottom of the flare that will tell you what true height is
report back and we'll see how much lift you got
Plus if going to 3 inches or plus some you need the JBA upper control arms to easily get everything back into spec when aligning

Dane

Reaction score
Front from hub to flare on both sides is 22” and rear is 21”.

Ground to pinch welds front and rear is 16.5”.

After doing some more reading I’ll change things up.

Guess my priorities will be:
1) Regear to 4.10’s
2) Switch to an OME lift

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Pinch weld measurements mean nothing at all when comparing KJs and their heights