Newby, going to rebuild suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joey D

Reaction score
Hi, I'm go ng to rebuild my suspension 06 limited. Doing internet research and trying to learn the ins and outs about installing a small lift kit. Does anyone have a opinion about a Morris 4x4 center Skyjacker 2.5" lift kit at $965? It sounds about like what I'm thinking about but I really know very little about this. I know I like the liberty I just bought and want to get it as close to a like new condition as reasonably possible. But better. I'm also wondering if skid plates would add any rigidity or strength to the unibody structure. Sounds like it's already better than many comparable vehicle but these are a couple things I'm thinking about. Don't want to just throw money at it just randomly. Hope to get some insight here from those of you who know a lot more than me.
Thanks

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ome springs and ome or bilstein shocks is really the only worthwhile option available for these. Search a bit the parts list has been posted many times on this site.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm go ng to rebuild my suspension 06 limited. Doing internet research and trying to learn the ins and outs about installing a small lift kit. Does anyone have a opinion about a Morris 4x4 center Skyjacker 2.5" lift kit at $965? It sounds about like what I'm thinking about but I really know very little about this. I know I like the liberty I just bought and want to get it as close to a like new condition as reasonably possible. But better. I'm also wondering if skid plates would add any rigidity or strength to the unibody structure. Sounds like it's already better than many comparable vehicle but these are a couple things I'm thinking about. Don't want to just throw money at it just randomly. Hope to get some insight here from those of you who know a lot more than me.
Thanks
Forget the Skycrapper , years ago 03-04 it was good, then they went to softride and the front springs are weak. They are the same as stock rate plus you can only use Skyjacker front shocks if one goes bad
Go OME 927 front, 948 rear springs, bilstein shocksall around, stock ones on front and 24-185660s in the rear if doing 2.5 inch lift
Teraflex front bumpstops and add 2 per side hockey pucks bolted down to the lower spring perch leaving the stock uppers
Installed over 60 of the above setup on KJs with no hassles

Unibody is strong, much better than the old XJs , but you do need skidplates of course

Joey D

Reaction score
Forget the Skycrapper , years ago 03-04 it was good, then they went to softride and the front springs are weak. They are the same as stock rate plus you can only use Skyjacker front shocks if one goes bad
Go OME 927 front, 948 rear springs, bilstein shocksall around, stock ones on front and 24-185660s in the rear if doing 2.5 inch lift
Teraflex front bumpstops and add 2 per side hockey pucks bolted down to the lower spring perch leaving the stock uppers
Installed over 60 of the above setup on KJs with no hassles

Unibody is strong, much better than the old XJs , but you do need skidplates of course
Just the kind of advice I was hoping to hear. Thanks for the heads up.

Latest posts

Members online