Newbie from ND

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, new guy from ND. I've had two XJs over the past 10 years and always looked down on KJs until a close friend got one a few years ago. The thing I really liked was the swing gate, but I still wasn't sold on them. I was car shopping a couple weeks ago and found a 2007 model with a 6 speed manual ******. I read up on it, test drove it, then called the bank and signed some papers. I like it a lot, so far.

It's been a bit of a culture shock going from a 1990 XJ to a 2007 KJ. Traction control is the devil, and I've gotten into the habit of turning it off after starting the engine. This is also my first vehicle with a manual trans. I learned how to drive stick years ago, but I have had very limited exposure since then. I'm getting the hang of it. I have noticed a couple quirks, and I will post about them in the appropriate forums.

Besides jeeps, my hobbies include bow hunting, target archery, fishing, and kayaking. I have a couple compound bows, and I picked up a Bear longbow this fall and plan to hunt with it next fall. I hunt deer and turkey by bow. Really the only offroading I do is getting to and from my hunting and fishing spots.

I'd post a picture of the jeep, but I can't figure out how to upload pictures on this forum.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe I figured out the photo uploader. Is there a way to make them appear as a picture rather than an attachment link?

Attachments

• Liberty DS.jpg
    Liberty DS.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 6

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking Jeep, have a look at the suspension (or provide a pic) it looks like might have a mild lift, but hard to tell in that picture.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that, too. I'll have to measure tomorrow. 18.5" from center hub to fender is roughly stock, correct?

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On that neighborhood, but they all sag much lower than that with a few miles on them. So if you're at stock height there's likely been something added at some point.