Newbe, Transfer case switch number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

towpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, new member, 2006 Liberty Limited I just bought. The 4wd lights on dash are wrong, and It 99% looks like the transfer case switch is bad.

I have the select track, with 2wd, 4wd part time, 4wd full time, N and 4 low.
I think this is the NP242?

when in 2wd the 4wd part time light (yellow) is on. (but you can tell it really is in 2wd.)
when in 4wd part time, the 4wd full (green) is on.

Sure I searched, but I am finding people replying to the threads who don't have the select track. Do both transfer cases use the same switch?

What is the factory part number for the switch? 5083138aa?

I see these aftermarket running from mid 30 bucks up to over 100.
I found factory mopar on amazon for 60.
are they all the same? or is it a case of you get what you pay for?

Oh, 2006 Liberty limited, fully loaded, 92K miles. All maintenance records for last 10 years showing way more maintenance than it needed. (one owner, single lady, who did what ever dealer said every 6 months).

I bought it dirt cheep off the "heading to auction" line :).

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome Jeep!

And I do think they are the same sensor. I remember reading it a while back and being surprised. Yes you have the NP242.

Not sure on brands to get, I'd probably go for the Mopar one.

towpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went mopar, from dealer. it was up to 89 bucks. I could have saved a couple bucks online but I wanted to get it done.

I been working on cars for 40 years, 15 as a pro before switching to different field because of back problems.

I tried, but I could not get it from under jeep. Had to pull the console. Maybe 1 hour after I got done screwing around under the jeep.

and if fixed the problem. yes it is 1.5" socket

Latest posts

Members online