New wheels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zachw0903

Reaction score
I've had the the 2005 KJ for almost 3 years and this is the first mod I've been able to do. I also have a Rage Powersports Cargo Rack on the way! :gr_grin:

You must be registered for see images attach

Here it is stock.

With new wheels, before I put on the center caps.

Installed the factory Jeep center caps, painted black with black lugs.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the caps come with the rims or did you paint yours? Did you try them on without painting to see how it looks?

zachw0903

Reaction score
Did the caps come with the rims or did you paint yours? Did you try them on without painting to see how it looks?

I used the caps that I had from the stock wheels and painted them. I've seen other pictures where they left the caps silver on the black wheels and I thought for what I'm going to do later the all black looked better. I'm also going to remove all the chrome emblems and replace them with black.

thoma

Reaction score
I used the caps that I had from the stock wheels and painted them. I've seen other pictures where they left the caps silver on the black wheels and I thought for what I'm going to do later the all black looked better. I'm also going to remove all the chrome emblems and replace them with black.

What are the specs on those rims? I've been looking into getting some and those look great.

0uTkAsT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting! I've got a red Liberty also and I've been trying to decide between black steel wheels or gunmetal alloys.

Cannonball

Reaction score
Looks Great!

I have exactly the same color 2005 liberty. I'm looking to get some black wheels and more rugged tires. Are the wheels and tires you used oem specs?
I don't want to do any lifting of other modifications i think.
Thanks for your help and for posting your pics.