New User - 2004 KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

judderman

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just purchased a 2004 KJ Liberty 3.7 4x4 with 155k miles on it, I've been looking at this forum and there's been a lot of helpful tips/hints for when I pick it up on Thursday (tomorrow).
Hope to be an active member of what looks to be a good informative forum!
Thanks,

judderman

Reaction score
Thanks Tommudd - I see you're very active on here, some really helpful posts! Glad to see these things hold up to some mileage too!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
I also have an 04 and these were probably the best year.
Considering the age, it has been easy to maintain, and no faulty window regulators.
Maintenance is key, keep the diffs serviced correctly, fresh spark plugs, and refer to owners manual for fluids, plugs, and lubes.
Probably a good idea to obtain a build sheet as Rear diff- Trac-Loc requires 4oz bottle of friction modifier.
online VIN build sheet https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing
Feel free to ask questions, lots of helpful folks here!

judderman

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll pull the VIN and grab a build sheet appreciate the link, very useful.
It's not my daily, so I'll hopefully have time to go through stuff like the rear diff with a bit of a fine tooth comb. Going to search the forum now for preventative/trouble areas I can help myself out with.