New to the Forum, new to Jeep and soon to be an owner.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My company has transfered me to The Rockies and I needed a new vehicle. Living in Florida, my Scion tC did a fine job of getting me around but it would not cut the mustard were I'm going.
I have been looking high and low for a low-mileage Liberty CRD for about a month but was not able to find one until today. A 2006 Liberty Sport w/CRD 13K miles showed up at the Salt Lake CarMax and I snapped it up.
I fill out the paperwork here in the Ft Lauderdale CarMax this Sat and I pick it up on 1/12 when I move out there.
I am looking forward to driving this thing. I will be driving all over MT, WY, UT, CO and Southern ID so it will be put to the test. I might even try my hand at this "off road" thing.

dnm45227

Reaction score
welcome aboard and good luck w/the move.

13k on an '06, are they giving you any extended warranty at all?

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you'll love it. Personally, I kinda wish I had the CRD. Just curious, what were your feelings on the tC (I was kinda looking at one a few months ago).

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Have fun with all the snow in CO, looks like they are gonna get seriously pounded again tonight (biggrin). There are plenty of Liberty owners in that corner of the country that will be more than happy to show you the ropes.

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dnm45227 said:
welcome aboard and good luck w/the move.

13k on an '06, are they giving you any extended warranty at all?

Of course they are always willing to sell you an extended warranty! My company is reimbursing me for all automotive expenses so I am not sure that I see the value in the warranty they are offering.
Thank you for the kind wishes, moving is a major bummer.

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj said:
I'm sure you'll love it. Personally, I kinda wish I had the CRD. Just curious, what were your feelings on the tC (I was kinda looking at one a few months ago).

I traded my Celica GTS for the Scion tC and felt that the tC was a superior car in every way. From an investment point of view, the car can't be beat. I was NEVER upside-down on the loan from day one. I am selling the car to CarMax tomorrow after two years of the five year loan and I will still get $2K in my pocket (more if I sold it privately).
I used to work for Toyota and I have always owned Toyotas and the Scion brand is very awesome. The #1 reason I have to get rid of it is due to the tiny trunk. My briefcase takes up half of the trunk which does not leave room for the other things I'll have to bring along on my road trips.