New to the Forum from Chelsea, MI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeManly

Gifted Rabbit Hole Finder
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm just getting onboard here. I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport with the 3.7L that was my daughters before she left to college and we gave her our '13 Malibu for the distance driving. Shortly after at 218,000 miles as I was driving it the right head gasket blew and I decided to just get a remanufactured engine for it. Due to my OCD and ADD I went down a $8,000 rabbit hole and replaced what seems to be everything mechanical (complete drive train (minus the rear axle), complete suspension steering and brakes), and electrical in the process along with a bunch of other things my wife is upset about. All the suspension and driveline parts are sprayed with epoxy brake caliper paint for corrosion resistance against these Michigan roads.

A lot of things went bad and other things I just wanted to do just because. It already had a 2.5" lift, but I put on some nice MB wheels and Cooper All-Terrains to complete that look.

I did a pretty cool LED light conversion as well using the original headlight bodies as a base for sheet metal to mount the lights. I will post pics soon. I have also already purchased 16L of RaptorLiner to spray the whole body. That’s the next project once I figure out why I still have a random misfire at #'s 3 and 6 with new coil packs, plugs and ECU. If anyone knows anything about that let me know. When I had the engine out I went through the harness and cleaned it up and looked for breaks or cracks in the wire shielding, then completely re-loomed the whole thing in Summit Racing mesh clamshell type wire loom.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum!
You really are making a survivor out of the 02 KJ, to say the least.
You would think after all that work done, misfires should not be there.
I always start with the plugs use NGK-ZFR6F-11G only gap at .040 inch.
Mopar coil packs would be best.
Fuel pressure test & injectors firing properly?

JoeManly

Gifted Rabbit Hole Finder
Reaction score
Yeah that’s all good. New filter and new Bosch injectors. The coil packs were from AutoZone, so that may be my issue. Other than that I have the correct NGKs new too.