New Tires!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my new Mickey Thompson MTZ's put on Friday...same 265/75R16 size that I had before, but now a much better tire.

You must be registered for see images attach

Can't wait to get em dirty.....:D

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice, are they loud?
Just remove the soft top! :D Can you get hard top for it? I just never get used to that soft top business.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks... they're not loud at all, you can barely hear em. And I put the top down right after I took those pics, it was about 55-60 deg Friday...and I could get a hardtop for $1000-$2000 used depending on who's selling it, but it's aggravating because when you wanna take it off you've got to have somewhere to put it and I live in an apartment.:( Plus, it's heavy and almost impossible to handle by yourself...and it doesn't get all that cold here so the softy is workin good so far..:D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heath.....really nice. I have always liked the looks of those MTZ's and wondered how they perform. Nice deep lugs on them too. When you get them broken in let us know. Really nice JK.

Dave

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do....if my wife would ever hurry up and get back from the store we'll go try em out. She wanted to go riding with me, or I would just leave without her! ;)

P.S.
We're about to get some new shoes for the KJ also, so pretty soon I'll have some new pics to post of it.:D

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
looks great! wonder how those would work on my libby ;)
DUDE! that third pic looks like you have some serious toe problems!!! Hope that was just an illusion

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Is there a lift on it? Doesn't leave much room for flexing. I always wanted a wrangler. They look awesome with big lifts and tires. Not a big fan of the JK's, too squarey...is that a word? LOL

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Is there a lift on it? Doesn't leave much room for flexing. I always wanted a wrangler. They look awesome with big lifts and tires. Not a big fan of the JK's, too squarey...is that a word? LOL

No lift, stock height with Rubicon shocks. It'll still flex all the way though, they're about the same size I had before....here's some "flexing" pics: