New Tires on my 07 KJ Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my new tires installed so I could pass safety inspection :gr_grin: They are stock size (235/65R17) Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10. Now to start saving for a lift...

You must be registered for see images attach

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Still trying to decide on a set for my 05. These are in the running.

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been running the Hankooks now for about 20k really like them

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

scottg

Reaction score
nice, i have the same on my 05, went with a 245/65/17 and haven't had any complaints yet, looking forward to better traction this winter

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so random question - i took the spare tire cover off this morning and somehow the shop managed to mount the spare tire opposite from all the others (BSW out, while the 4 tires are OWL out). i know it doesn't really matter, but i really would prefer them to match. don't really want to pay the shop labor to switch it though, yeah i'm cheap. i am wondering if i could just let the air out of the spare and switch it myself...thoughts? thanks

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's funny I saw this post because as of yesterday I've been researching tires for the '05 Limited. Was looking into Dueler or Grabbers but came across the Hankooks and really liked the tread. We currently have Michelin Latitudes on the car but they've always felt ho-hum and were very noisy. Got about 50-60k out of them and they were never great performers in the snow. 4WD helped immensely but not without slippage from these tires., never a lot of confidence.

Time for an upgrade so I dialed in and my local TFT had a set in stock. So now I sit waiting for the install.

You must be registered for see images

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
so random question - i took the spare tire cover off this morning and somehow the shop managed to mount the spare tire opposite from all the others (BSW out, while the 4 tires are OWL out). i know it doesn't really matter, but i really would prefer them to match. don't really want to pay the shop labor to switch it though, yeah i'm cheap. i am wondering if i could just let the air out of the spare and switch it myself...thoughts? thanks

Just take it back to the shop that way it will be balanced etc when you rotate it in.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just take it back to the shop that way it will be balanced etc when you rotate it in.
This.

Love my Hankooks. They have a bit of a hum to them though. Just gotta rotate them a lot.

My first set got 70k miles. Had to get another at that rate.

You must be registered for see images attach

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my Hankooks they are great all around tires. I have had really good performance on and off road with them. I would highly recommend them.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to know you guys are satisfied with them. I do like the tread.

Dave

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far I love them. The ride is immensely quieter than the Michelin Latitudes and a heck of a lot more confident. The car never felt stable with those on and would roll corners and just seem to soft.

It's been a hectic week so today I finally get to wash the car and get the blue off and polish up the tires. Glad I opted for the white lettering facing out.

KJnoob89

Reaction score
Im thinking about getting a pair of Hankooks i was wondering about sizing i have 225/75/16 on stock Rims. should i get exact same sizes or should i go a bit more higher. Im open to suggestions KJ is not lifted i want a good no rub aggressive look.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinking about getting a pair of Hankooks i was wondering about sizing i have 225/75/16 on stock Rims. should i get exact same sizes or should i go a bit more higher. Im open to suggestions KJ is not lifted i want a good no rub aggressive look.

Go for 235/70/16. That is another stock size. I had them in that size and they lasted 70k miles.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
~1500 miles and just over a month in and i'm loving these tires...little to no ride noise and great feel. they have great traction on sand, dirt, gravel, and pavement as my daily driver and get lots of compliments from uber passengers.

LaneOK

Reaction score
I have 60,000 on 4 of them. Was considering a strictly highway tire this time but I may go ahead and get another set of the dynapro AT/M.

I am on my second set of them on my silverado 2500HD and like them.