New source of HOAT coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At work we have switched were we get our coolant from.We know use Safety Kleen's Khameleon antifreeze,which is a HOAT coolant.Not really able to buy at any store as it's a bulk sell item for shops but if you find a independant shop that uses the Khameleon antifreeze it's the correct HOAT coolant for your Jeep.

Just thought I would pass it along.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I never heard of that one.

Dave

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^yeah, I have 2 gallons of Zerex G-05 HOAT in the garage. Other than the MOPAR stuff that is the only one I have seen in gallon jugs and I got it at NAPA. Never seen it anywhere else.

(sorry to get a little off topic.)

Maybe that Safety Clean Kamelion stuff will eventually come in gallon jugs?

Dave

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I need to do a coolant flush and Firestone uses this HOAT.
Since it's not off the shelf, would I be able to use a different HOAT to top off the reservoir?

btw Firestone mentioned that it was Gold(maybe yellow) in color. Is that correct?

Thanks muchos!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I need to do a coolant flush and Firestone uses this HOAT.
Since it's not off the shelf, would I be able to use a different HOAT to top off the reservoir?

btw Firestone mentioned that it was Gold(maybe yellow) in color. Is that correct?

Thanks muchos!
If they use Safety Kleens Khameleon antifreeze/coolant it is HOAT,dyed a yellowish color that looks green in the cooling system.You can use any HOAT coolant for top off.

From there website............

Both have a hybrid organic acid technology inhibitor package

Anti-Freeze | Coolant | Khameleon | Safety-Kleen