New Member from CT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lara

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Hey folks,

My name is Lara and I'm looking at buying myself an '04 Liberty Renegade tomorrow from a local dealership. I thought I'd introduce myself and hopefully tomorrow I'll have some new photos of the car!

I currently have a 2008 Mazdaspeed3 I'm going to miss terribly. My husband and I are buying a house and I'm selling her to purchase something sub $10k with all the extra cash going towards our down-payment.

My husband has a '97 Wrangler Sport that we bought this past May for a steal. We love it and have taken it off-roading at Rausch Creek in PA. We plan on having some off-roading fun with the Liberty as well. :)

Here's a shot of the Wrangler (and my MS3):

You must be registered for see images

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Lara.

Nice red TJ you got there parked next to that funny lookin white thingy that you are gettin rid of.

Pics of the KJ when you get it.

Dave

Lara

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I know I'm really going to miss my car. It is easily the best car I have ever owned. The Liberty will be very different.. that's for sure.

Lara

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Hey guys.. so as I'm guessing you've all surmised by now, I did not pick up that '04 Renegade as I planned. The dealer selling it was a total scumbag and I decided against doing business with him.

In the meantime, I found an '05 Renegade that I absolutely love. The guy bought it for his wife two months ago, who decided she did not want a manual transmission car. He has to sell it and pick her up something automatic. I'm just waiting for him to get the title in the mail from DMV and I'll be driving her home.

I'll keep you guys updated (hopefully) when that happens. =)

Lara

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Well, after several weeks I was finally able to pull the trigger. Purchased and registered her this morning and it's been a blast ever since.

2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade
6-Speed Manual Transmission
112,000 Miles

It is definitely very different from my Mazdaspeed3, but change is good. I have to say, the Renegade is an incredibly peppy little SUV... it surprised me in that respect. The 6-speed manual transmission is very smooth. It is definitely the easiest manual vehicle I've ever driven. It is very comfortable, tons of cargo room.. but it still drives like a compact car. I'm quite impressed.

Here's a quick cell phone shot with my husband's Wrangler this afternoon:

I'll get some better photos tomorrow once I fully wash and detail her.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW! For a 97 that wrangler is in great shape and looks clean. Glad you like your Liberty and welcome.

Lara

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Yeah, we got super lucky. The previous owner (in both cases, actually) took excellent care of the Wrangler!

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking jeep line up, and sorry to see the 3 go :-(. I came to the jeep world after a supercharged miata, definately a different world but surprisingly the jeep does handle similar to a sport compact as opposed to a full size suv.

Lara

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Yeah, I was sad to see the MS3 go too.. but this Liberty is awesome. In a few years, once my husband and I are settled, I'll be picking up a 3rd-gen RX7 as a weekend warrior. =)

Lara

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate the warm welcome.

On a side note.. does anyone have any suggestions where I can find a decent deal on an OEM light bar and Mopar (or similar) bull bar? $600-700 for a light bar seems insane.. but I'll pay it if I have no other option. The Mopar bull bar is the exact style I'm looking for (except, I'd like it in black).. but the cheapest I could find it was for $550. I saw a few in the $100 range.. but nothing in that simple style. I don't like the ones that include portions that cover the headlamp area.

Like these two:

Thanks guys! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online