New Member..Exhaust system question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mray

06 Liberty 3.7L
Reaction score
I installed the MBRP cat back exhaust kit. Everything is great. But the check engine light came on code p0403 I think the code is. I had it checked . The technician said the exhaust is too free flowing and the rear O/2 sensors are not reading the exhaust gasses correctly. Anyone ever had this problem.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
P0403 is the EGR Solenoid Circuit, ahh...that does sound right, can you get the code read again?
My guess, you may have to move the rear 02 sensors? Tom may know more..

mray

06 Liberty 3.7L
Reaction score
p0430...transposed the number. rear o/2 sensor issue. It has a new converter and all 4 o/2 sensors have been replaced. I am thinking the exhaust is too free-flowing and not allowing the rear sensors to read the exhaust gasses. Too Bad.. I like the extra power.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
What brand of 02 sensors did you use?
NTK 02 sensors are the only choice I would recommend.

mray

06 Liberty 3.7L
Reaction score
I believe that was the brand. Everything was OK until I installed the cat back exhaust. I really do not want to put a stock muffler back on just to remedy that problem. Is this a common problem you have heard of?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I just did a search, on cat back exhaust etc + MBRP not viewing any complaints on 02 issues hmmm..
Can you confirm for sure NTK 02 sensors are in there?
Tom will know more ..hang in there..

mray

06 Liberty 3.7L
Reaction score
PART#23159 OXY.. I think that is NTK part#. It was a plug n play type . Not universal splice type.

mray

06 Liberty 3.7L
Reaction score
SORRY.. New to the website. I did not mean to stutter.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm running the MBRP cat back on the 03 now, no issues at all here, yes somewhat more free flowing I would say, but you have another issue

Plus ran a free flow on my 04 for 220,000 miles, no issues there either

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online