new member... 1st question.

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by rockymountain, May 2, 2007.

1. rockymountain

rockymountain Full Access Member

I have graduated myself I guess to an 04 from an 03. Just joined this site not too long ago. I bought a hard to find one in my opinion. I got an 04 Rocky Mountain Edition. 3200 miles on it. Yes, that is NOT a typo. Not sure of the story behind it, but the dealer I bought it from got it right from DC. Anyway, here is my first question (for the new 04). My 03 has the little green lights on the lock switches and on the mirror controls. My 04 doesn't. Rather it does, but seems they are not coming on. I couldn't find anything in the manual about a fuse for these, so I am stumped. Does it have them or not? Thanks!!!

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  2. rebelram

rebelram Full Access Member

The switches are setup for the little green lights, but they do not illuminate. I was curious about the same thing on my 06 when I first got it because I had been in various other Mopar products that had the same switches and they did illuminate. Just another case of cost cutting and taking shortcuts.

Something interesting I did notice on my 06, the front two window switches are marked AUTO for the one touch auto-down feature. The white letters AUTO seem to be some sort of glow in the dark paint because they do glow at night and it has nothing to do with whether the lights or ignition are on.

3. indianrefining

indianrefining Full Access Member

You must both have glitches of some sort. I've had an '03, and '05, and now have an '07, and the lights have worked just fine on all three of them.

4. Gentleman

Gentleman Full Access Member

They have never illuminated on my 05

Bob

5. 2003KJ

2003KJ Member

Pretty sure the illuminate on my 03 as well.....and I seem to recall this coming up in another discussion some time ago....i'll have to see if I can dig that up.

6. joeg

joeg Full Access Member

My 06 ?? No lights

7. JeepJeepster

JeepJeepster Full Access Member

Probably just a cost cut for DC. My 04 has never had them. The only buttons that light up are the switches in the rear for the windows and the switches for the front windows.

8. K Dje Ryu

K Dje Ryu Full Access Member

I've never noticed any of my window switches being lit on my 05