new member... 1st question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have graduated myself I guess to an 04 from an 03. Just joined this site not too long ago. I bought a hard to find one in my opinion. I got an 04 Rocky Mountain Edition. 3200 miles on it. Yes, that is NOT a typo. Not sure of the story behind it, but the dealer I bought it from got it right from DC. Anyway, here is my first question (for the new 04). My 03 has the little green lights on the lock switches and on the mirror controls. My 04 doesn't. Rather it does, but seems they are not coming on. I couldn't find anything in the manual about a fuse for these, so I am stumped. Does it have them or not? Thanks!!!

Last edited:

rebelram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The switches are setup for the little green lights, but they do not illuminate. I was curious about the same thing on my 06 when I first got it because I had been in various other Mopar products that had the same switches and they did illuminate. Just another case of cost cutting and taking shortcuts.

Something interesting I did notice on my 06, the front two window switches are marked AUTO for the one touch auto-down feature. The white letters AUTO seem to be some sort of glow in the dark paint because they do glow at night and it has nothing to do with whether the lights or ignition are on.

indianrefining

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must both have glitches of some sort. I've had an '03, and '05, and now have an '07, and the lights have worked just fine on all three of them.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Pretty sure the illuminate on my 03 as well.....and I seem to recall this coming up in another discussion some time ago....i'll have to see if I can dig that up.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably just a cost cut for DC. My 04 has never had them. The only buttons that light up are the switches in the rear for the windows and the switches for the front windows.