New Member- 05 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkA67

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just joined this site and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mark and I live in Massachusetts. I recently bought a 2005 Jeep Liberty Sport for $500 that I plan on fixing up for my daughters 1st ride. She is 14 now so I have a few years to tinker with it. It's in fairly decent shape for the price. I hope I can get some help, advice, suggestions from everyone as I go along. I also hope I can add to other posts if I think I can be helpful.
Regards, Mark
You must be registered for see images attach

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome Mark to the forums, looks like you have a nice Kj to work on for your daughter!
What kind of items need attention?

MarkA67

Reaction score
Welcome Mark to the forums, looks like you have a nice Kj to work on for your daughter!
What kind of items need attention?

Thanks, Just the usual problem areas that seem to plague these Jeeps. I know the steering rack bushings are shot as well as a evap leak I have some where hence the dreaded "R" Mass state inspection sticker on the windshield. No one wants a Rejection sticker but no worries, I'll sort it out. I'm sure with the help of some members of this group, the ton of info online and a factory service manual I found online, I'll get it running like it should.

BillyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The paint looks like it is in better shape than mine. You might want to do some painting of the underbody with some rust preventing paint. I also have the Torque app and a Panlong mini OBDII adapter.

RTH

Reaction score
You might as well pull up the carpet and check for surface rust on the floor pans while your at it. Both my 04 and 05 had issues with that.

MarkA67

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try that. I'm in New England so with all the salt they use around here,i'm sure that could contribute to it.

Latest posts

Members online