New Liberty Grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaz0_man0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How difficult is it to switch out the grill on the liberty? I was thinking about picking up one of those chrome grills. The sites I have looked at say it can be done in 1/2 an hour? :-k

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its cake. I think it's 3 screws on top. The bottom uses some kinda snap connectors if I remember correctly. I took mine off to install the temp sensor for the EVIC overhead console. 30 Minutes to remove/install new one is a generous estimate, even if you take 10 minutes off to drink a beer in the middle.

-Blu

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
At most it would take 3.41 minutes to remove and install a grill. =D>

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

GRILLE REMOVAL
(1) Remove the upper screws. (Fig. 4)
(2) Roll the grille forward and disengage the two grille hooks under the headlamp units.
(3) Lift the grille forward and up off of the location tabs at the bottom and remove.

GRILLE INSTALLATION
(1) Install the grille onto the locating tabs at the bottom.
(2) Push the grille back and snap into the hooks in the grille opening reinforcement.
(3) Check that the black welts at the outboard ends of the grille have a uniform appearance relative to the fender and install the screws.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
lol, I've done it so many times. I just know these things O:)

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of trim pieces...... I'm gonna try and get on the stick this wknd. Maybe get my Infinity speakers installed, and maybe (depending on how long that takes) get the back overhead dome light installed. That'd be schweeeeeeeeeet.

-Blu

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BluPhant said:
Its cake. I think it's 3 screws on top. The bottom uses some kinda snap connectors if I remember correctly. I took mine off to install the temp sensor for the EVIC overhead console. 30 Minutes to remove/install new one is a generous estimate, even if you take 10 minutes off to drink a beer in the middle.

-Blu

threadjacked.gif

Blu, so is the temp sensor behind the grill? I was wondering where it was...

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The temp sensor is located behind the grille. I noticed it when I took my grille off to install the wiring for my Hellas. The grille has four screws on top and some tabs to locate the bottom. Removal and installation would be ten minutes if you are careful, five if you've done it before and have a power screwdriver (biggthumpup) I was actually toying with the idea of taking mine off, sanding, priming and painting it black. I may have to photo-shop an image to see how that would look on my Red '03.

ChrisUCF99

Reaction score
Dude, I just swapped mine out today.... You forgot to move over the grill inserts from your "old" grill to the chrome one. Right now, you don't have much protection for your radiator. Look at your old grill, you'll see what i'm talking about. You need to pop the inserts off the back of the old grill and clip it into your new one.

Chris

chaz0_man0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered nice new stainless steel inserts... They are not here yet.... #-o Should be here fri or sat... I will pack it full of snow. That should protect it..

ChrisUCF99

Reaction score
chaz0_man0 said:
I ordered nice new stainless steel inserts... They are not here yet.... #-o Should be here fri or sat... I will pack it full of snow. That should protect it..

Good man!

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chaz, where did you purchase the grille and inserts? I just did some checking on the net and am seeing anywhere from $145-160 for the grille and another $60 for a chrome insert. I think this would look much nicer than the black grille I was thinking of earlier.

chaz0_man0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The grill was $129+Ship from jeepstore1 on Ebay.
The and the inserts were $30+Ship. But I don't have them yet so I could not tell you about the quality or the look. Maybe I will get them today... [-o<