New Kj here But I am Pi**ed Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cav-15

Reaction score
Hi all I have been lurking around for a week or so reading it all up and checking out some picture of some bad a** rigs. Well I decided to make my first post and it's not all bad. I love my Kj, even took her off road a bit the first week I had her.
Well I have the kj for 24 days and the driver side window just went pop... It won't roll up or down... I call the GM at the dealership and he gives me the same old run around like he ain't gonna fix no ones **** for free.. You bought it used ... no warranty.. Yeah but its a 06 with 26k, the window should not be broke..

So can any one here help me... whats wrong with my window. What does a new motor cost or what else could be wrong, before i have to tear the door panel apart...

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
First of all....Never call a GM Dealer for warranty on a Chrysler product.:eek: They will only laugh at you.

Second, try looking at the fuse panel for a blown fuse, check the relay box under the hood to see if a relay is bad. Get your owners manual out and look for anything related to the windows.

Third, go to your nearest Chrysler Dealer and find out if the rig still has warranty. Mine did, and I bought it at a Fly By Night Dealer. When I checked, it had a 5Year/100,000km Bumper to Bumper warranty fully transferable to me.

So do some snooping at home , but definately go see a Dealer to find out what warranty is still on that '06. ;)

Cav-15

Reaction score
No, sorry for any confusion i talked to the GM (general manager) and he said they can't do any thing. But I am about to go down there to talk face to face. I bought it used but it still has warranty left.. I haven't even had it for 30 days yet. They are just trying to get me to pay for service work when it should be done for free... You know a little customer service would be nice. I was a little hot when I made my post.

The window it still getting power the switch is working and the gears are moving in some way but the window isn't moving. I am sure after they look at it they will fix it for me... I hope....

2003KJ

Reaction score
You need a new window regulator. If i'm not mistaken, the window regulator and window motor are all one big happy unit on the KJ's.

Regardless of if you bought it used, I believe all Chrysler products come with atleast a 3 year/36K warranty on them.

If you do not get anywhere with the GM, go straight to corporate and don't stop calling different people at corporate until something is actually done (not just a "we'll look into it and let you know" answer).

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 2006 with 34,553 miles on it when the same thing happened on the drivers rear window. I took mine to the Jeep dealership, they fixed it with no problems because it is under warranty. If your stealership is an authorized Jeep sales and service center then they have to fix it; however, I would highly recommend that you take it to another Jeep dealer instead. I am pretty sure that it is the regulator if you can manually move the window up and down. If you can be careful not to roll it down too far.

Cav-15

Reaction score
thanks it is the regulator the gm had someone look at. said it would be fixed tomorrow.
now i just have to replace the street tires with at's

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you got everything worked out. My advice, don't go to that dealer anymore. Where are you located, maybe someone on here can suggest a good dealership in your area. Enjoy your Jeep.

Cav-15

Reaction score
Thanks
i'm just outside of Houston, Tx it was a Jim Archer dealership. There are several here. But yes I already found me another dealer to do business with.

I have 9,00 miles left on my warranty then the fun begins... We have big plans for the little libby..

Latest posts

Members online