New Jeep Patriot..Based on a car!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
From a press release about the Frankfurt Auto Show:

2007 Jeep Patriot -- This new entry-level four-door model for Jeep shares its chassis with the forthcoming Dodge Caliber (which replaces the Dodge Neon compact sedan) but will feature "trail rated" of-road equipment worthy of the Jeep nameplate -- at a price point (just under the current Wrangler) designed to appeal to young, first-time buyers. It will share floor space with another new model based on the same platform, the Compass, which is styled more like a sportwagon than an SUV. The Patriot and Compass will be Jeep's first-ever passenger car-based vehicles.
Available spring 2007 -- estimated base price $16,500

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep Patriot... looks like a Liberty with more door, less window.
You must be registered for see images

Jeep Compass... street racer Jeep

Both of these vehicles look like they're following that short window (chop-top) look of the 300/Magnum/Charger lineup. Seriously I REALLY thought my next vehicle was going to be a Charger or Magnum (Hemi or SRT-8) so I waited for the Charger, then went and sat in one of each (to compare) and thought... NEVER!!! I refer to it as the "bathtub" feeling, where you're sitting so low in the car that the window sills are level with the top of your shoulder (just like when you slouch in the tub and sit level with the water). I used to get the same feeling from those el-cheapo early 80's Sunbirds. Couple that with the completely vertical dash, and I swear the whole design was stolen straight from the Sunbird and reskinned. I was hoping DC was going to move on from that design (flaw) but it looks like they're going to further embrace it and move it into the Jeep lineup, who knows maybe it'll be executed differently maybe I'll like the new stuff. Then again, the new Eclipse looks rather nice... :-k

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you remember the AMC Eagle? It was the very first "sport utility wagon" and car based 4x4 SUV.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
priell3 said:
Do you remember the AMC Eagle? It was the very first "sport utility wagon" and car based 4x4 SUV.

HAahah yea my neighbor has one of those!!! Those are kind neat I wonder what it would feel like to offroad in a car...

Bennett

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4Factor said:
Both of these vehicles look like they're following that short window (chop-top) look of the 300/Magnum/Charger lineup. Seriously I REALLY thought my next vehicle was going to be a Charger or Magnum (Hemi or SRT-8) so I waited for the Charger, then went and sat in one of each (to compare) and thought... NEVER!!! I refer to it as the "bathtub" feeling, where you're sitting so low in the car that the window sills are level with the top of your shoulder (just like when you slouch in the tub and sit level with the water).

Bathtub... GREAT! That's funny! rofl2.gif I totally agree.

So the question of the day is... will the Patriot replace the Liberty?

DC should have offered a two-door Charger. notcool.gif

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Bathtub... GREAT! That's funny! rofl2.gif I totally agree.

So the question of the day is... will the Patriot replace the Liberty?

DC should have offered a two-door Charger. notcool.gif

doubt it. the patriot and compass will share the same platform, which is smaller than the KJ.

yeah, a 2 door charger would be great

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
doubt it. the patriot and compass will share the same platform, which is smaller than the KJ.

Smaller huh? That will be interesting.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
-=JoN=- said:

Smaller huh? That will be interesting.

they are gonna use the Caliber platfrom for it. which is gonna be DCx's new econo box...(good specs tho)....

like I mentioned before, they want to try on rallying

Blue_Liberty

Reaction score
Bennett said:
priell3 said:

HAahah yea my neighbor has one of those!!! Those are kind neat I wonder what it would feel like to offroad in a car...

Bennett

My family had an AMC Eagle like in the picture, and one that was a wagon. We never really off-roaded either of them, but they were awesome in snow. We lived in some remote country in Colorado, and they got us through several tough winters with no problems. I think they were a little ahead of their time, because now all-wheel drive is available on lots of cars.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that these new concepts that they are gonna build are cool, but I have mixed feelings about any Jeep not being a true offroader in terms of being trail ready. There are lots of soft-roaders around and I guess that I am just wishing that Jeep wouldn't dilute the brand like that.

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yoda13 said:
I think that these new concepts that they are gonna build are cool, but I have mixed feelings about any Jeep not being a true offroader in terms of being trail ready. There are lots of soft-roaders around and I guess that I am just wishing that Jeep wouldn't dilute the brand like that.

I agree.......I think this "cheapifys" jeep's offroad image if you ask me....but then again, I heard this same thing when the liberty came out and everybody was saying that about the liberty. I think the rally one should bear a chrysler name if you ask me......the other one has potential I guess. Talking to my dad who works at the Chrysler plant in Belvidere, Illinois, it looks like they may be building those 2 jeeps and definately the Caliber. Their plant is one of the top rated chrysler plants in vehicle quality. So the verdict will be out and we'll see what happens, I guess......

Latest posts

Members online