New in the UK - Hertfordshire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pauladiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm in the UK - Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, looking to get myself a 4 to 6 year old Cherokee/Liberty in the next few weeks - they seem like very good value in the UK at the moment.

Would welcome any tips on buying a used one - I am looking for 2.8 CRD Ltd.

I have had a number of Toyota Surfs (4Runners) in the past and fancy something a bit different.

Has anyone fitted the OME lift kit in the UK? Do you have to import it from the US yourself or can you get it from a dealer here? Is kit a straight forward DIY job? I have fitted lift kits to my Toyota's in the past.

Cheers,

Paul

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm in the UK - Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, looking to get myself a 4 to 6 year old Cherokee/Liberty in the next few weeks - they seem like very good value in the UK at the moment.

Would welcome any tips on buying a used one - I am looking for 2.8 CRD Ltd.

I have had a number of Toyota Surfs (4Runners) in the past and fancy something a bit different.

Has anyone fitted the OME lift kit in the UK? Do you have to import it from the US yourself or can you get it from a dealer here? Is kit a straight forward DIY job? I have fitted lift kits to my Toyota's in the past.

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Paul,
Welcome to the forum. There are a few nice looking Jeeps on ebay at the moment, along with all the rest of the dogs! Full service history is a good thing to look for as usual. Although no guarantee of a good vehicle, it shows that it has had money spent on it and not been neglected. I have spent ages looking into lift kits just recently and as far as I can tell, there is only one company I can find that does the full lift kit for £750 quid somewhere down south but can't remember the name at the moment. I wil find it if you are interested. Been emailing a bloke called Chris from there who sounds like he knows his stuff, replies promptly, gives good advice etc which is a rarity these days! Good luck finding a Jeep. Go look at some in the local dealers and have a drive round in a few so you are sure you know what you want and what they should drive like and feel like before you go spending your hard earned! Cheers for now, Steve :smokin:

pauladiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks mate - that's very helpful. Yes, looking at a few today. Will keep you all posted....

pauladiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gone and done it....:whip:

Got my self a 2003 blue 2.8 Auto. Put deposit down and picking it up tomorrow - can't wait!

You must be registered for see images

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gone and done it....:whip:

Got my self a 2003 blue 2.8 Auto. Put deposit down and picking it up tomorrow - can't wait!

You must be registered for see images

Well done Matey! Looks a peach!!
You will be out getting some mud on it now? Or maybe not. Hehe.
Congrats,

Steve :smokin:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome. Nice KJ.

Dave

Pippobug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paul,

speak to Chris of Surrey Offroad. on 01483 200046 He has OME lifts and for around £1200 will fit it.
I am over in Cambridge.
Ciao,
Fil

Mikey-C

Reaction score
Hi Paul

I'm in Hertfordshire too (Stevenage), i drive a 3.7 sport extreme, good to see you here, Hope your please with your Jeep

Mikey

Last edited: