New here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJDundee

Reaction score
Hi Im new here need some help please.I live up in bamaga qld and I have my workhorse 2003 KJ Jeep liberty 2.5 ltr turbo diesel 5 speed problem is Im stuck in low 4 I ahve tried all I know but still in low 4 please help.I work out at the jardine river ferry and drive the 80 km roundtrip everyday need my workhorse.

Attachments

• Mobile pics bm vidz 063.jpg
    Mobile pics bm vidz 063.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 8

KJDundee

Reaction score
Yes I did cable is attached.I noticed that part time 4wd dash light is off whilst still low 4 .Would problem be electrical ??

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Stuck in 4 low..Using a tire gauge, Is each individual tire worn evenly?
If all 4 are not worn evenly, it can cause this issue. If tires are worn down too far, it could also cause this issue.
You may have to get it on a hoist (driving) all 4 off the ground to get it out of 4 low.

Part time light off, that is a separate issue & generally is an electrical fault of the transfer case position sensor requiring replacement.
Here is the 2003 factory service manual to assist you further. http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/2003JeepKJServiceManual.pdf

KJDundee

Reaction score
Thks
Stuck in 4 low..Using a tire gauge, Is each individual tire worn evenly?
If all 4 are not worn evenly, it can cause this issue. If tires are worn down too far, it could also cause this issue.
You may have to get it on a hoist (driving) all 4 off the ground to get it out of 4 low.

Part time light off, that is a separate issue & generally is an electrical fault of the transfer case position sensor requiring replacement.
Here is the 2003 factory service manual to assist you further. http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/2003JeepKJServiceManual.pdf
Thx me mate will do hopefully all goes good will let you know.If all goes good I owe you a retuen trip across on the jardine ferry

Ozi jon

Reaction score
Hi KJDundee
I'm also new and from Perth western Australia and have similar problem with 2005 kj diesel liberty ,although mine doesnt come out if any 4wd but the indication on dash saying not in 4wd after leaver is put back into 2wd (another prob to solve) so was hoping you may have found answer or someone else can advise ?
I have put the jeep into 4wd drive only twice since the problem arised and both times only dropped out of 4wd when i reversed car which also caused a lot of clunking (Yes shifting back to 2wd nadty) didnt sound good at all
I haven't checked cable from lever to transferr case or tc sensor etc
i was thinking of complete fluid change etc in tc and auto transmission
When i did have in 4wd for short time the car also overheated
Hope you resolved your probs and they are similar to assist me
ps apologise for long message
Thanks jon

KJDundee

Reaction score
Hi KJDundee
I'm also new and from Perth western Australia and have similar problem with 2005 kj diesel liberty ,although mine doesnt come out if any 4wd but the indication on dash saying not in 4wd after leaver is put back into 2wd (another prob to solve) so was hoping you may have found answer or someone else can advise ?
I have put the jeep into 4wd drive only twice since the problem arised and both times only dropped out of 4wd when i reversed car which also caused a lot of clunking (Yes shifting back to 2wd nadty) didnt sound good at all
I haven't checked cable from lever to transferr case or tc sensor etc
i was thinking of complete fluid change etc in tc and auto transmission
When i did have in 4wd for short time the car also overheated
Hope you resolved your probs and they are similar to assist me
ps apologise for long message
Thanks jon
Hi Jon,
Still stuck in 4lo so I will try removing the front shaft then try shift back to 2wd will let u no result .