New guy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. My name is chris, and I just bought an 09 kk with 20k, lift and tires. Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. I'm coming from an 05 mustang gt, feels great to be up high again. I'm posting from my iPhone so when I get a chance I'll have pictures. I love this rig so far!
Edit with pictures
You must be registered for see images

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It's got a 2-3 inch lift, not quite sure which. I'm sort of hoping it's not just a spacer lift, seems like those coil overs will sag over time. It's got rocker panel guards and a k&n 77 series under the hood. Other than that it's stock. I threw a sub in it but I'm not happy with the sound yet, what are you guys doing for boxes, and how are you firing the sub?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Nice jeep. I like the color.

Dave

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for checkin it out guys.

i honestly dont know what kind of suspension lift its running, the guy who installed all the parts on it ran into me at the store a few days ago and i asked him, but he didnt seem to remember.

ill get some pictures of it with my dslr soon, ive been saying i was going to but havent yet. what do you guys reccomend for tires? these have good tread life so obviously thats further down the road

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
It probably is a spacer lift, judging by how it's sitting higher in the front than rear, looks like Daystar.

I have personally never had issues with spacer lifts, then again I have never run them longer than 20k before I got rid of the Jeep entirely.... but even during that time I never had any bad experiences. They're cheap and they work.

Last edited:

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan to keep this little truck for awhile. Hopefully I don't catch any problems. It rides decent, the back end is stiff but that's about it

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha yeah you got a point. I ran it through about a foot deep water/mud hole and it took it no problem. So I'm just wondering how far I can push my limits. Here's a picture of the front

Can't really tell there, I'll get a better one later

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, those tires'll probably get him a lot of places in TX, as long as he stays out of the ravines after a rainstorm. :smokin:

they aren't too terribly bad. I've taken it through about a 1 foot mud and water hole, they did alright. i could tell they are gonna be a pain in thick mud though, i probably wont even attempt it. on a beach im sure it'll walk through sand though. i'll get a photo of the front end soon

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here we go, proper pictures. i took out all the camera gear and decided to get something worth posting, but excuse the truck. super dirty, i need to clay and wax it.

You must be registered for see images attach

hope you guys enjoy

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey. Welcome. Nice kk. I too am new to the forum/jeep thing. I went from a slammed miata to a kj. You should try an iPhone app called taptalk. you can post pics up on the forum straight from your phone.

Latest posts

Members online