New guy with Tire Questions for 04 Liberty Rocky Mt.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wvtrumpet

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just bought an 04 liberty Rocky Mt. I am curious as to what tires I should purchase that will give me the best road traction. I live in WV where sometimes we can have pretty bad winters. The current front tires tend to spin on occassion (they are the stock Goodyears). I want something on my front end that won't spin or slide in rain or snow. Something that really grabs. My wife is the usual driver and I want to make sure there is no chance of her spining on minutely slick roadways. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You want different tires for rain vs ice.

Best for ice will have to be Bridgestone Blizzaks, Michelin Latitude X-Ice second. The Blizzaks will wear quickly.

Rain, I dunno. But agreed stock Goodyears aren't much good, period.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bridgestone dueller REVO 245/70R16 excellent in the wet

cant comment on snow as we dont get any in queensland

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
vote on the destination A/T's havnt had a chance to try em in the snow yet (just got them this past summer), but i can attone for the Revo's snow capabilities....my friend has em on his Monetero sport, and it handled quite nicely

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Destination A/Ts also. I was happy with them at first, but now I wish I choose something else. They have gone from really quite to pretty loud. Wet traction has went down hill a bit. Still not as bad as the goodyear's though. However my biggest complainant is I have all kinds of lugs and chunks of rubber missing from them. I know 4 wheeling tears them up, but these seem like they are tearing up way to easy. I haven't gotten a chance to 4-wheel in a while and they are still chunking off rubber from street driving; I don't even drive aggressive. They tear up alot easier than the goodyears and the set of off brand A/Ts I ran on my CJ.

They are pretty useless in the mud too. I understand no A/T will be good in the mud, but these turned in slicks after about 100 feet of just wet hard packed soil. Try don't self clean at all either. But it is an A/T so I guess I shouldn't expect too much. Just I've had better traction with other A/T even in the mud.

They seem to be wearing as expected. Nothing outstanding, but typical. I have about 15k on them and still have quite a bit of thread left. Doing a 5 tire rotation I should be able to get 50k out of them. But that would put me down at 2/32 which is still technical legal, but almost bald.

Overall, not a bad deal considering I payed about 450 dollars to get 5 tires. Just wish I would have not been so cheap and got the Revo's or BFG A/Ts. I guess not too bad of an agressive street tire. Better than the goodyears, but still kind of lacking. Preformance has gone down hill with wear.

The tire rack review rates them pretty high, but a couple other sites rate them pretty low so I'm not sure about the ratings