New Guy, New Neep, New Forum.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvilEvoIX

Reaction score
Hey guys I would like to say that I am brand new to these parts and the Jeep brand altogether today. Yesterday I purchase a 2010 Jeep Liberty Sport and am already enjoying it and it's extremely capable performance through the Nemo storm we just had, flawless really.

I have never had a Jeep in my entire life (does a Geo Tracker count?:happy175:) so this is my first time. I originally began looking for a Dodge Caliber and then the Liberty sorta just happened. They had one on Lease termination at a Kia dealership and STOLE it, took three days of negotiations until they caved and now I am happy.

That said anything I need to know about my new Jeep and what precautions and maintenance needs to be performed? Although I am new to Jeeps I am no stranger to automotive forums and done some serious wrenching on my Evo IX MR and many Evos and DSM's before that.

Below are some pics.

You must be registered for see images

I guess if you've seen one you've seen them all right? Love this truck however, acceleration is better then advertised and is just an authentic vehicle, it makes no excuses for what it is and for the price nothing comes close. The looks alone are worth the price over any Vanilla Ute, that is for sure. The color because it matches my wave runner, I need to install a Trailer hitch pretty soon for the season.

As far as needs well tires soon, you guys have any deals going? I just want the stockers. Also anything else I need to know about this bad boy?

Thank you

Last edited:

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife has a caliber and she loves it. I still prefer to sit higher rather then sitting on then asphalt when I drive. I love evo and subi's. I'd take either! That ten is especially appealing.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing I can suggest is to get a better set of tires than those crap ST's you have, then you'll be FLOORED with the performance that it displays in the snow. The difference is unbelievable. Stick with stock size if you want to stay stock, but get a better tire. Most people on here will suggest an A/T if you're not doing much wheeling, which I would say the exact same. Lots of great riding A/Ts out there which get fantastic dry, wet, snow, dirt, and mud traction.

As far as maintenance, if you've been working on Evo's then you probably no the drill. Check/change consumables as you see fit and you should have no problem.

EvilEvoIX

Reaction score
Only thing I can suggest is to get a better set of tires than those crap ST's you have, then you'll be FLOORED with the performance that it displays in the snow. The difference is unbelievable. Stick with stock size if you want to stay stock, but get a better tire. Most people on here will suggest an A/T if you're not doing much wheeling, which I would say the exact same. Lots of great riding A/Ts out there which get fantastic dry, wet, snow, dirt, and mud traction.

As far as maintenance, if you've been working on Evo's then you probably no the drill. Check/change consumables as you see fit and you should have no problem.

Believe it or not the Jeep has the OEM tires with over 40K on them, went through 6"-12" the other night very well.

What tire for stock size again? Mostly a Daily Driver it is now very little off roading.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice Jeep and welcome to the forum.

Dave

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not the Jeep has the OEM tires with over 40K on them, went through 6"-12" the other night very well.

What tire for stock size again? Mostly a Daily Driver it is now very little off roading.

Check on your door. For the KJ it's 235/70/16. Not so sure about the KKs.

EvilEvoIX

Reaction score
Already the first issue! Small one, My dash is telling me to change the oil? How do I reset that?

Also the back windows stick on the way down, they kinda judder as they make it down.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn they key on, press the gas paddle 3 times quickly. Turn off key. Do you have your owners manual? If so this and a few other useful things are in it.