New Extreme Heat transmission cooler from mopar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears that Mopar has come out with a new extreme heat transmission cooler. It appears to be easily twice the size of our current external transmission cooler. I just ordered one on amazon and will update and post epicures when it arrives.The part number is 05191979AA. To view a picture of it look on rock auto.

Casey.N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is great! To bad my 02's trans cooler is built into​ my radiator... maybe i could rig it in there and plug up the radiator holes again, and Hold up the new EXTREME COOLER with zipties. Until i hit a rock and snap my zip ties, then Totally smash up my new trans cooler.. maybe... Cant wait to here how this new cooler holds up in yee ol Liberty.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can actually add this cooler by first running the fluid through your factory in radiator cooler then out to the external cooler, then back to the transmission. I think that having both a in radiator and a external cooler gives you the best of both worlds and it also keeps your transmission temperature more linear and with less spikes.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can actually add this cooler by first running the fluid through your factory in radiator cooler then out to the external cooler, then back to the transmission. I think that having both a in radiator and a external cooler gives you the best of both worlds and it also keeps your transmission temperature more linear and with less spikes.

^^^This

That's just what I did with mine a few years ago. Got a rad for an '02 and set it up so the external cooler runs in series with it. The plumbing looks like this - the yellow arrows point to the original lines that ran to the external cooler:

You must be registered for see images

Bob