New dude & partner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Palfreyman

Reaction score
Columbus, OH

Me, dark green 2002 Liberty Sport, 4.7, auto 201k miles (bought for $750 from the original owner 3 years and 70k miles ago....) , had to give up my 96 Mustang back then cuz I could not operate clutch anymore due to spinal cord injury...

She, black 2006 Liberty Renegade 4.7, auto, 190k miles (bought last week from neighbor for $1500, had almost that much in sound gear alone...)

Figuring out how to best outfit them for the both of us for our mobility impairments (me: spinal cord injury, paralyzed left leg, her: severe lupus, chronic knee problems). We had all the recalls done, including the one that adds the trailer hitch, very useful to haul my wife’s scooter. (Thankfully, I don’t need one yet myself.)

The Liberty are perfect for us. Living in a vintage, narrow bricked street neighborhood in Columbus (circa 1912) they are perfectly sized for maneuvering the narrow streets/alleys, peppy enough to dash onto the outer belt, and roomy enough to haul the two of us and our 150lb Cane Corso, “Drogo”, and when we visit our vacation trailer down in WVa, the 4wd gets us down that last 2 mile gravel ‘mountain’ road in the snowiest of winters.

At some point in the distant future I may need to figure out how to operate my vehicle without feet at all. :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome
and unless someone has done something to your KJ, it has a 3.7 , not 4.7
Lived in Columbus for a while

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Hello!

Howell Ventures Ltd. makes a hand control that can operate accellerator and brake pedals if it ever comes to that for you.

They're made in Canada.

I'm not positive they have a Liberty model but it looks like a universal design.

Mounts with L-handle near right knee. Push down with handle at 3:00 to go. Up to coast.

Turn L-handle to 6:00 and push down to brake. Up to roll.

Last edited:

Palfreyman

Reaction score
Thank you so much!

Hello!

Howell Ventures Ltd. makes a hand control that can operate accellerator and brake pedals if it ever comes to that for you.

They're made in Canada.

I'm not positive they have a Liberty model but it looks like a universal design.

Mounts with L-handle near right knee. Push down with handle at 3:00 to go. Up to coast.

Turn L-handle to 6:00 and push down to brake. Up to roll.

Latest posts

Members online