New cherokee!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy picked up this beast yesterday that we are building into a nice DD/trail rig:
You must be registered for see images attach

1994 Cherokee 2dr 4x4 4.0 231 with D35 (unfortunately) and D30. It also had factory gas tank and transfer case skid as well as tow hooks!
It has 115k and runs shifts and drives good except for the rear brakes squeak a lot and the exhaust had some holes
Right now we are in the process of rust repair.. Starting in the trunk the back seat is out as well as all interior panels and carpet... Its pretty bad and the front is not much better..
We got some 16"x10" 16G sheets from a local metal supply for $.80 a piece we picked up 14 just because it wouldn't hurt to have extras, and it may not be a pretty job but I will weld them back in and they will be covered up and sealed well, and we will paint everything with black rustoleum inside and out.
Plans for it, 3" lift 31s on soft 8s or other black rims just like every other XJ add a trailer hitch custom 3/16" rockers and then painting a shade of orange with black bedlined lower section, possible axle swap if I can find an XJ with a D44 for cheap, exhaust, intake (possible snorkle) neon injectors, roof rack with lights and lights on the bumper, white face gauge with blue LEDs as well as with the heater controls, interior LEDs all around and then alpine audio setup.

Went to a Local pull a part and picked up a cluster to replace the dummy gauges it has now, a booster/MC out a 96 to upgrade. A complete roof rack with cross rails from another XJ since this one did not come with one, soundbar that needs recovering and also a few little trim pieces spare tire holder and nice black leather cover.

Last edited:

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
An XJ D44 is usually expensive: find a '97-newer 29-spline 8.25 for 1/4th the price and darn near the strength :happy160:

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An XJ D44 is usually expensive: find a '97-newer 29-spline 8.25 for 1/4th the price and darn near the strength :happy160:

I was thinking about just doing a 8.25, but you say all 97+ have the 29 spline?
If I go with one that has a 29 spline the front doesn't need to change as all, as long as the gears are the same right? I'm sure this rust will keep up busy for a while but I was hoping while we were taking everything apart he could order his lift, but money is coming in that fast after all the stuff to do the entire rear brakes, new head lights, new fog lights, paint, primer, the sheet metal, new bolts etc. while saving some money for other unknown costs we run into.
Thanks!

Last edited:

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep meaning to get some pictures up but keep forgetting.
Well update is all new brakes in the rear, new shoes, drums and all hardware, as well as new rotors and pads up front, which has made stopping a whole lot nicer.
The trunk was all cleaned up rust cut out and what I could reach of the inside of the subframe rails were cleaned and coated in black rustoleum, new patches welded up and seam sealed and all painted in black rustoleum, as well as new nut strips made for the skid and trailer hitch.
Gas tank skid off and cleaned up and painted, underside of the body is getting cleaned and painted, as well as getting the gas tank painted.
Also got the rusty muffler and tailpipe off, and put a cherry bomb glasspack that I had left over from my truck.
Also did a nice sea-foam treatment, but think I am going to do another and got some new plugs for it.
Also got the new cluster in, with LEDs and white face covers on the way.
New H4 headlight conversion, new foglights on the bumper.
Also got the roof rails installed and am thinking a homemade basket with 4 lights up front and a pair for the rear.
Audio is coming soon, with only the stock 5.25s in the doors and a aftermarket tape player it needs some serious work. First I got a sound bar from the junkyard but am cutting it a little to put 6.5s in with a small amp, I got a new pair of 5.25s for the tail gate and another pair will take place of the stocky in the doors once I get a new deck. Then a possible sub setup in the trunk.

Next is getting the drivers side and passenger side floor and inner rocker done, then some custom 1/8" rounded rockers, custom intake and possible header back exhaust system.
Then wheels and tires, and the lift!!

Also am thinking of painting it will definetly bedline flares bumpers and rockers and door bottoms but possible painting the whole Jeep.. Thinking an orange/mango almost like TJKJs

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online