New Bilstein shocks clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamppaL

Reaction score
I installed bilstein shocks and h&r springs a few weeks ago and now the car is constantly clunking from rear end. I found a topic that said you have to buy a bushing kit with bilstein shocks. Well i didn't and pretty sure that is the reason of the noise.

Problem is i live in europe and the kit would cost 60-70 euros which is a little steep just for couple washers and o rings (shipping, import taxes etc).

Can someone tell what size washers and o rings i need for the rear? The kit has a sleeve too.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you got the shocks that many here get the bolt fits relatively snug in the existing eyelet. I actually have the bushing kit in the garage that jba offers, when I removed shock to put it in I personally felt it wasn't worth the effort for the difference I could see. So I put the shock back in with the extra washer. Perhaps someday I'll swap them out. I'm sure it's better, but not a huge difference from looking at it

JamppaL

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies. Car is going to the shop today. They for sure dont have the sleeve but they will try the washer trick. Is it upper that needs the washers?

Crazy that bilstein doesn't supply proper hardware for the install.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you got shocks built for your Jeep is imagine there's fit as the original. Many of us are running a longer stroke shock designed for a Dakota Crew cab of a certain year I can't remember. The later do not fit perfectly, but an appropriate washer in the top mount fills the gap. Guess I should ask which shocks you got?

JamppaL

Reaction score
24-139175 is the shock part number. That should be for jeep kj.

They added a few washers that took the slop away. And they told me the gas tank metal cover was banging into the hitch mount and added rubber plate in between the two. So everything is ok now, thanks .