needing feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
SET, stick with the spring lifts. OME hasn't released a KK-specific spring yet, but tjkj2002/rocklizard have played with a KK and a frankenlift some. Hopefully they'll chime in soon.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Better to do it rifgt once than to do it over and over

I wouldn't take a whole truck load of Rock Krawler crap if it was free.

Better lifts out there and get away from Ebay when looking for a lift!

www.jeepinbyal.com

DirtyKK

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Fwiw, if I had to do it again, I wouldn't go over 265/70/16 and a 2.5" lift on the KK unless you plan on spending a lot of money.

DirtyKK

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Front uca and spring contact is more of an issue on the KK I believe. With the stock uca and a 2" lift I had contact, with aftermarket uca's it would have been alright. With more of a lift, even with aftermarket uca's, you would have contact again. This is why JBA uses coil-overs, the spring is a smaller outside diameter and prevents it. Digger had a normal setup with his first JBA 4" and they lasted barely 4k miles. On the rear end with more then 2.5" of lift there is too much flex and the driveshaft will hit the gas tank skid. You could remedy this with 3" bumpstops but then your bumpstops are sitting on top of each other, you would have no up travel and an absolute terrible ride. So you would have to get 4" springs for the rear. I still had contact issues with driveshaft and had the track bar farther to one side, meaning the axle wasn't centered. I ended up having to get a custom driveshaft made anyway because my u joint has already started going out.

Last edited:

DirtyKK

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Of course the tires looked small so I had to get 265/75/16 and now I'm gonna need to regear because the power loss and mileage *****! :)

DirtyKK

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Got too much money in it to quit now! :gr_grin:

To keep on topic, I would stray away from budget boos. I got rid of mine within months of owning it. Your best bet right now would be to buy JBAs 2.5" lift that is not the coilover or wait an eternity for something better.

Latest posts

Members online