Need some expert input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FFEMT1313

Reaction score
I am about to become the proud father of a 04 Libery Columbia Edition \:D/ ...What are the pros and cons that I should be aware of or problems with this columbia edition Libby?Thanks

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have the Columbia Edition, nor am I aware of a regular poster here that has one. I don't recall the exact specifications of your Liberty, but I believe that it is similar to the Limited in options. I don't think that you'll find any cons to them, as with my '04, it seems to be very well built and a lot of fun to drive. Jeeps seem to have their oddities, but nothing negative that you wouldn't want to own one. Enjoy! And be sure to post a photo in our picture forum.

:eek:ccasion5:

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
didnt they make the columbia's the 'rocky mtn' edition somwhere down the line? or at least similar anyway, in terms of looks....

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
didnt they make the columbia's the 'rocky mtn' edition somwhere down the line? or at least similar anyway, in terms of looks....

I saw a Rocky Mountain on Saturday while walking through my neighborhood. It was silver, and the front bumper was painted like the Limited, but a dark gray. I believe that they were similar to an '04 Limited but with different trim and the badge of course. :-s

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FFEMT1313 said:
I am about to become the proud father of a 04 Libery Columbia Edition \:D/ ...What are the pros and cons that I should be aware of or problems with this columbia edition Libby?Thanks
Columbia edition gets the one piece high back cloth seats (no separate head rest, the seat is all one piece) with the embroidered "Columbia" on the front side of the driver's and passengers seats. The bumpers are painted a "Graphite" colour, which IMO looks REAL nice and it comes with Graphite (Anthracite) coloured wheels (dark grey)... make sure those wheels haven't been swapped to ANYTHING else (unless you asked). Those are the wheels I wanted on my Limited, I asked, but there was no way of making the dealer swap them unless I paid for them separately (too much $$). Aside from those small differences in trim levels, there is nothing mechanically different about that model that you should worry about. I think by default you'll get the Command-Trac transfer case which doesn't have the "Full-Time" mode like the Selec-Trac t-case, but it's not too important, just learn when to use Part-Time 4WD and when not to (read the owner's manual). As with any vehicle keep attentive to any Recalls or Technical Service Bulletins (TSB's) do the proper regular maintenance and enjoy it. If this is your first Jeep... welcome to the family! \:D/

2003KJ

Reaction score
pros - It'sa Jeep!!!

cons- NONE!

Yeah, there will be some clunks, but every Jeep does that. Don't expect economy gas milage...blah blah blah....just the obvious.

Don't hesitate in buying it, and have fun with the 4X4!!!

btw, I wanna see pics! \:D/

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a Columbia Edition. Its a Sport with the bumpers and fenders painted graphie metalic.

Pros - cool exterier two tone paint and matching wheels

Cons - cant get a EVIC or off road package from the factory with the columbia package

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interior
You must be registered for see images

Exterior:
You must be registered for see images

FFEMT1313

Reaction score
Hey again...I thank you all for your input...I think I have read every post on this site and can't wait to sign the papers.Yes this is my first jeep.I have always been a sideline watcher saying "someday" but now I can say I am a Jeep owner!!!!!!!!!! I will post some pictures as soon as the snow stop :-W Well thanks again guys and if anyone eles has any comments or suggestions please add.However though I have one other question...What is a EVIC?

2003KJ

Reaction score
An EVIC is the overhead computer console that was is on extra on most newer Jeeps (maybe standard on some top of te line models?). It basically has the outside thermometer, miles till empty, compass, miles till next service, tire pressure sensors, that sort of stuff. Can be easily installed if you're handy with electrical work (which i'm not). Also makes re programming your key fob (say to make the horn not chirp or lights not flash when you hit the lock button) a whole lot easier.

With out it, you don't have the miles till empty or service or outside temp guage or the tire pressure sensors. You still, however, get the warning if your door is "ajar", or you're low on washer fluid type stuff on the standard computer, which is located where the odometer/trip meter are.

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an `04 Rocky Mtn Ed. which is what the Columbia Edition became. From what I was told by the salesman, the "Columbia" name became too expensive so DC changed it. Salesman told this as I said so take it with a grain of salt.

Feel free to check my pics out if you like (link in sig).

Mike

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Columbia edition

The 04 Columbia edition package had some nice features at an attractive package price, including 3.7 engine, sun roof, tinted glass, fog lamps, Renegade wheels/tires, cruise control, leather steering wheel, specific paint combo/interior details, and command track on 4wd models. Available in 2wd, 4wd, manual and auto transmissions.

All in all, I think it (and its sister Rocky Mtn edition) was the best value of all the 04 models. You are lucky to have found one!
There was a special small brochure on the Columbia edition.

You can add an EVIC unit later if you decide you need one. I belive the how-to section on this forum has an article.

FFEMT1313

Reaction score
Well I pick her up 1-19-05!!!!! I took her for a GOOD 1hr ride yesterday and I was in my glory.I can't believe how responsive the Libby is.I am truly impressed.She is black w/limo black tinted windows...Only problem I found was the location of the pwr. window switches.I kept locking my door.BUT if that is the only fault I can not complain...

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you get used to the window switch location over time. I was the same way at first and now I'm reaching for the center console in my other cars for the windows ](*,)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Congrats! I think you'll come to like the Power Window switches... makes life less complicated if you rest your arm on the console. :alien:

JustJeep

Reaction score
Just signed up. Purchased KJ Rocky Mtn. Edition last July (Atlantic Blue). Added side steps and a coffee cup...both working great. Rocky Mtn. succeeded Columbia Edition with same trim package (AERP). Contacted DC for history of this model and discovered that 3,211 RM 4x4s and 794 4x2s were built, so they are indeed somewhat rare. My first Jeep, very pleased so far. Fun to drive but would not recommend it for a family's primary transportation only because of mpg. Not thrifty on gas, but I knew that going into the deal. =D>

JustJeep

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Can you post some pictures (in the pictures forum)? I would like to see the Atlantic Blue in the RM version.

This is my first Jeep as well and it won't be the last! =D>

JustJeep

Reaction score
No pics of my 04 Rocky Mountain as yet, but will post some when weather clears and I get 'er cleaned up. Just went out and put the car cover on...wife's car goes in the garage...and its snowing like h... at the moment. Mopar custom car cover is great and goes on without a lot of effort. :-W JUSTJEEP

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aw, man. Someone has an RME the same color as mine? Damn! :angry5:

J/k. Got mine last June. Done some mods so far but definately not done yet. Click the link in my sig if you guys want to see my pics.

Mike

Latest posts

Members online