Need Help with rim size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

semperfi

Reaction score
Bare with me I am new to the Jeep world. I own a 03 Wrangler with stock 15" tires. I just bought 4 new 225/75R16's for it.
My question.
What size wheels?
16x7 or 16x8?
I can't really find this information anywhere on the net. Of course I am looking in the wrong places.
I want to buy American Racing Outlaw rims so help me out, Please!
Thanks in advance for any help.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bare with me I am new to the Jeep world. I own a 03 Wrangler with stock 15" tires. I just bought 4 new 225/75R16's for it.
My question.
What size wheels?
16x7 or 16x8?
I can't really find this information anywhere on the net. Of course I am looking in the wrong places.
I want to buy American Racing Outlaw rims so help me out, Please!
Thanks in advance for any help.

Well for that tire you will need a 16X7 but you are better off returning them now and going for something bigger
when my wife's Kj had that same size tire on it I swaped 1 on to my '02 TJ
wich was still stock hight and it looked very small under it
I belive that with an '03 TJ you can fit a 31x10.5 on the OE wheels with little to no rub I know for a fact that you can run 30X9.5's

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, 16x7 for sure....but I agree, if you can return them that's what I would do. Not that it wouldn't work, but it would look ALOT better with a little bit bigger size.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can take your tires back, DO IT and stay with 15" rims if you are planning on doing any four wheeling. My TJ is not lifted and the largest tire you can go is 31" on 15x10.5 rims without having any rubbing issues. Here a couple of pics to give you an idea....

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, go with the 16x7 if you are dead set on doing that...but I would return the tires and get bigger ones if it were me too...

Latest posts

Members online